Monday, February 27, 2017

Affordable Navy Dress + A Roundup of Classic Nude Pumps





Nail Polish (in big apple red)

Today I'm sharing this cute little long sleeved shift dress in navy blue. It makes for a really great 'wear right now' item since it has long sleeves and can be transitioned easily as the temps warm up. I love how easy it is to wear. You don't really need to accessorize-- it's one of those throw-on-and-go pieces. For fit, I think it runs a little small and you should definitely size up if you have a larger chest. I'm wearing a size 2 but think I could have definitely worn a 4. 

I also really wanted to highlight something that I think is a wardrobe staple for all women: a nude pump. Whether you work in a conservative office, are a frequent wedding guest, or just want a shoe that will make your legs appear longer, you can't go wrong with a classic nude pump. 

The pumps I am wearing are the Jimmy Choo esme pump. They are super comfortable and really easy to wear because they just blend into my legs. I looked for a pair that was super similar to my skin tone so that the pumps would have a leg lengthening effect! I have rounded up a bunch of great nude pump options for you to look through. They're all different shades of nude and are also at all different price points as well as heel height. 

In my opinion, if you are deciding whether or not to splurge or save on a nude pump, I'd suggest investing in a high-quality pair. I get so much wear out of these shoes so it was necessary that they were extremely comfortable and would also last for years to come! As boring as they may seem to some, I actually like having them in my closet as a 'safety' shoe. They always work with an outfit where I'm not sure what type of shoe works. It's nice to always have that in my arsenal! 

This pump is one I would definitely recommend as I have it in several colors. In the price spectrum, it falls somewhere in between a save and a splurge, but the quality and comfort can't be beat! If you want to splurge, I think these are about as classic as you can get. They have a 105mm version, which is what I have my eye on in a few colors (one can dream) but if your feet are sensitive to heels and you're looking for something you can wear through a 9-5 work day, I'd definitely recommend scaling back and getting the 70mm version

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This dress is adorable! Love the ruffle detail.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

Chic in Carolina said...

This dress is SO cute and I love the accessories you styled it with!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure