Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Athleisure for Exercise and Errands

tennis outfit idea

athleisure outfit inspo

tennis outfit for winter

tennis outfit idea

tennis leggings

j. mclaughlin active

j. mclaughlin tennis outfit

athleisure outfit ideas

Back with another athleisure post this week and this one is so exciting! Did you know that J.McLaughlin makes activewear? I had no idea until recently and am so happy about it. It's the quality you expect from the brand and you can now wear it during your workouts. But to be honest, it's almost too cute to sweat in! 

I wore this jacket and legging set to tennis one afternoon. The thing with tennis bubbles is that you most definitely need to layer. I'm cold going in and until I'm warmed up. Then, once we get a rally going, I get warm and start to shed layers, so this jacket is quite perfect. Not to mention it fits like a dream. The hem of the jacket is slightly curved so the back is a little longer than the front, making it really appropriate to wear with leggings

And with the leggings, I love that there are so many pockets. It's great when I run in and out of the store with just my phone and wallet. I always have a place to stash those things. It's also great because the side pockets are big and stretchy enough for tennis balls. Having those balls on me makes it really convenient when I'm practicing my serve. Also, both pieces are UPF 50+  and they're machine washable. Especially important to me because I always end up getting clay all over me! 

My routine on Sunday is to usually go to tennis, and since it's in the suburbs, I head to places like Target, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, Trader Joe's, etc. to get everything I need for the week. It's nice to still feel put together even after I've been running all around the court. As for sizing, I'm wearing a size small in both pieces, but suggest sizing down. They stretch and I would say the leggings right slightly big. 

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I've been loving the athleisure look lately and that jacket is just too cute!

Ashley // MyWellDressedLife.com

Lauren said...

I had no idea that J. McLaughlin made fitness clothes! Love this outfit!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Rachael Alexis said...

I did not know J. McLaughlin made workout gear either. Unfortunately after I am finished lifting weights at the gym I need to go home immediately...I am disgusting. I probably would purchase this just to lounge in!

XOXO Rachael
aduchessandablog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

How cute! Loving that jacket.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

Chic in Carolina said...

This jacket is so pretty- love the navy stripes!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure