Thursday, February 16, 2017

Lately 2/13/2017

Hooded Sweatshirt// Leggings// Sneakers (my yoga mat is from Marshalls)

Wearing: I posted this to Instagram last night, and I need to post again here because this sweatshirt is the best thing EVER. I only own one hooded sweatshirt and it's my old cheerleading sweatshirt from high school that's so worn-in and special to me. Other than that, I hate hooded things because I find that the hood always gets in the way and I just don't love the look. I ordered this one on a whim because I really liked the snap detail on the sides as well as the zippered pocket on the sleeve and I am SO glad I did. This has to be the most comfortable and soft thing I've ever worn. Even if you just buy it for around the house, you won't be disappointed! It runs true to size, I am wearing a size small, and it's roomy! 

Also, in regard to the photo above, you are all so sweet with your IG comments, emails, DMs, etc. about my hair. I know a ton of you want to know how to do this style and it is SO easy. I just curled my hair as usual (in the morning) and then when I went to work out, I pulled it half up and secured with a hair tie. It's usually what I do pretty much daily to keep my hair out of my face. 

Watching: I just binged American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson. It was SO good. It has an all-star cast and I breezed through all 10 episodes in mere days. I was addicted and couldn't stop. I was way too young when the actual case was going on but it's incredible to see what a crazy trial it was. Definitely worth your time to watch!

Wanting: I am DYING over this bag. The color is stunning and the bow is too cute. Plus, the structure exudes old school elegance, don't you think? Another bag I am dying over? This one. It's very similar to the bow bag I just linked to in the last sentence, but it's PERFECT for summer. And lastly, these sneakers. I'm in love with them, and of course, in true Sydney fashion, I've managed to find ridiculously expensive sneakers (which I didn't even know was a thing). I don't know why I've been having such an issue settling on a new pair of sneakers (which I actually need) but I have, and now that I see these, I just LOVE them!

Reading: I can't remember if I've shared this article before, but it's a good one, especially just after Valentine's Day! It's 36 questions that lead to love. The questions are really interesting and kind of cool to do with your boyfriend/fiance/husband/etc.

Eating: A new Whole Foods opened near my parents and I went twice this weekend. There's one closer to me, and while it's nice, this one is like a palace. I went with two girlfriends and we just wandered and took in all of the cool things you could get. One of the things I picked up are these smoky beets. They are SO good. I basically just want to eat the entire tub in one sitting, but put them on salads, lettuce wraps, etc. They had a ton of other 'flavors' to choose from, I can't wait to try them all!

Pittsburgh-ing: My cousins, sister, and I all went to Piada in Oakland recently. It is right on Forbes in Oakland and a cute little Italian restaurant. It's set up just like Chipotle, but instead, you can either make your own pasta, piada (like an Italian burrito), or salad. I got a salad and it was huge and delicious. It's pretty inside for fast food, too! A great place to check out for lunch.
Sale-ing: I cannot get over the sale prices on these gorgeous shoes. I'd like one of each, please!

Listening: After the Grammy's (his performance here), I have become even more obsessed with Chance the Rapper. My favorites are No Problems, All We Got and How Great. I've coined it 'feel good rap'. It's jut fun and upbeat and his business model is so interesting to read about. He is the only Grammy winner to have won a Grammy and not be signed with a label and he doesn't sell his music, rather he makes money from just streaming and selling merchandise (basically, the complete opposite of Taylor Swift). 
lilly pulitzer starbucks swell
Loving: Did you know Lilly Pulitzer x Starbucks Swell bottles are out now?! You can get them in Starbucks stores now and they will be available online later this spring!

Quoting: 'The secret to living well and longer is: eat half, walk double, laugh triple, and love without measure.' - Tibetan proverb

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That Kate Spade bag is beautiful!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Helen said...

Okay you're so right about those beets-- YUM. What a delicious healthy snack. I really liked the balsamic honey ones, too!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure