Thursday, February 2, 2017

Lately 2/2/2017

Herringbone Cashmere Throw (similiar)

Sale-ing: These pajamas are SO cute. The best part, though? They're only $41! They come in a bunch of colors and even a few patterns, but this blush shade (called foundation) is my favorite.

Eating: Trader Joe's All Fruit Ends and Pieces. These are so good and so inexpensive for the amount you get in a bag. They taste just like fruit leather and are made of dried fruit with no additives. Such a great snack when you're craving something sweet!

As a side note, be sure to follow along on Snapchat (SummerWind41490) because I share easy recipes on snap much more often! A weekly food diary is coming very soon, I promise!

Wanting: A few new arrivals caught my eye this week, but again, the newer stuff still isn't out at most retailers, so I'm really holding out for that!

Watching: Oh my goodness, my sister and I just watched Finding Dory and it was SO cute. Definitely worth the watch! It is now on Netflix for those of you who subscribe. You can see this entire list of what just got added! I'm looking forward to watching American Crime Story! Has anyone seen it yet? Is it worth the watch?!

Reading:
 This tidbit is from last week's survey. The top books that everyone loves are: To Kill a Mockingbird, Gone With the Wind, The Great Gatsby, Catcher in the Rye, Harry Potter, and The Nightingale!
Loving: I just came across this gorgeous linen company, Biscuit Home. You guys absolutely need to check it out. It has SO many gorgeous home items.... and the look they have is hard to come by, so this is like striking gold to me!

Laughing: I shared this on Snapchat but this review for Urban Decay's setting spray (posted by kattataci) is SO funny. I was legitimately reading the reviews to see if I should buy it, and as soon as I read this one, I was cry-laughing.

Loving II: Hayden Lasher is the grand-niece of Henri Bendel (you know, the department store and Belgian shoe guy), so you know she was born with style and good taste. She has an eponymous handbag label and I cannot get over the gorgeous bags. The structure and simplicity of the bags are swoon-worthy and the slight nod to the Belgian shoe is amazing. I am dying for the navy-on-navy Natalie bag. It has a stunning bright red suede interior for a fun little pop. It also has a removable shoulder strap (which is a must for me). Plus, knowing the amazing quality of a Belgian shoe, you know that this bag will be extremely luxurious and well-made. A timeless classic to have forever. Sign. Me. Up. 


Pittsburgh-ing: I recently went to Cure for dinner in Lawrenceville and it was SO good. I seriously can't believe it took me this long to make it there. It's a little off the beaten trail since it's so far down on Butler Street, but worth the trek. It's cute and cozy inside and everything on the menu sounded amazing. Their charcuterie board was so unique and delicious, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! You can see my guide to Pittsburgh restaurants, here. I'm constantly updating it as I eat my way through the city!

Recommending: This is another one coming from last week's reader survey and it reminded me that I use it, too, and swear by it: tretinoin cream. It's more commonly known by the brand name 'Retin-a'. It's by prescription from a dermatologist/doctor and it truly works and is the best thing ever. I put it on my face every single night. It helps with acne and also prevents wrinkles and clears up discoloration. If you're in Pittsburgh, you can get it from The Skin Center, which is where I get mine (and where I also get chemical peels)! It's specially formulated by Dr. Brandy, a Pittsburgh cosmetic plastic surgeon.

Quoting: 'Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.' -Eleanor Roosevelt (sent in from a reader)

3 comments:

Gold Clutter said...

I love the herringbone throw.

Jubilee said...

Try Z: The Beginning of Everything about Zelda & F Scott Fitzgerald on Amazon!

Rachael Alexis said...

I have been crushing on those pajamas since you posted about them on Instagram! Unfortunately like I hoard underwear, I hoard PJs, both summer and winter options. I am cut off. I love how feminine they are. I refuse to wear any more frumpy sweats to bed.

XOXO
Rachael
http://aduchessandablog.blogspot.com/

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure