Thursday, April 20, 2017

Lately 4/18/2017








Pittsburgh-ing: Yesterday I headed over to Schenley Plaza in Oakland (right near the Cathedral of Learning) to check out this really fun event hosted by Sunkist! It is still going on today, April 20th from 11am-4pm. It's totally worth checking out.  It feels like you walked into a California citrus grove. There is food by Cure's Justin Severino, drinks (like refreshing lemonade) and lots of entertainment (like a virtual reality station). Not to mention there are gorgeous spaces to lounge and a beautiful floral backdrop wall! It's free and open to the public.

Smelling: I received this candle in the mail this week and it smells SO good. Definitely recommend it, especially for just $12!

Loving: How gorgeous are these pearl sandals? It's definitely a trend that's having a major moment right now, but seriously, I live my life with the thought: the more pearls, the better! I'm also loving this striped tote- a bit pricey, but seriously gorgeous and #travelgoals for sure!
Sale-ing: So. Many. Sales. right now you guys. They're all really good, too. If your wallets are still kicking after last week's Shopbop sale, my two favorites that are worth your time are the Club Monaco Sale and the Tory Burch Sale. Tory Burch is offering up to 30% off your entire purchase (site-wide with few exclusions) using code SPRINGEVENT.  And the best news? Dodie Thayer isn't excluded which I was SO surprised about since it usually is!!

Club Monaco, a personal favorite, is offering up to 60% off when you take an additional 30% off using code SPRING. So many great basics like this striped lightweight sweater (well under $50), this gorgeous little black cocktail dress, this navy blue anchor sweater, etc. I rounded up all of my favorites from both sales in the widget above. The Club Monaco one is a doozy- so many pages, so hopefully I've condensed it down well here!

Reading: The advertising/digital media marketing world continues to amaze me. What will people think of next? Well... this has to be one of my favorites yet.... because it wasn't dreamed up by an agency or in-house by Wendy's. Long story short, this 16-year-old, Carter, tweeted at Wendy's: 'how many retweets to get nuggets for a year' and Wendy's responded by saying 18 million. Now, as of writing this, Carter has gotten over 3 million re-tweets. How insane is that?! Watch this cool clip that Twitter put together to talk about the craziness! Dear Wendy's, this 16-year-old boy deserves a lifetime of free nuggets because he just pulled off one of the best viral campaigns I've seen!! PS. Wendy's nuggs really are that good if you've never had them.

Eating: FINALLY went to Millie's in Shadyside. I don't know why it took me so long, but alas, I've gone and it's worth the wait in line, for sure! They're opening one downtown soon (in Market Square), so that's exciting!

Drinking: I went to Altius on Mt. Washington last Friday to celebrate my birthday dinner. It was my first time and I seriously don't know how it took me so long to get there. The food was just as phenomenal as the view, and service was incredible I could not recommend it more! We ordered a bottle of cab sav called 'Austerity' and it was really good. We looked it up and it's only about $15... going to try and hunt that down in stores for sure!

Wanting: Spring/summer stuff keeps getting better and better, I swear. Each day a brand comes out with something new that I absolutely love!

Quoting: 'I only drink champagne on two occasions, when I am in love and when I am not.' - Coco Chanel

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure