Thursday, May 11, 2017

Lately 5/11/2017



So it might be fair to say that April was crazy, but May is even crazier schedule-wise. So many plans- for work, play, and everything in between. I'm booked solid, but all good things! I can't wait for Memorial Day weekend... I have some laidback plans, but that's when it will slow down a little for me! 

This past weekend, I went to one of my friend's weddings and it was gorgeous and so much fun. It was so nice to be able to spend the night with some of my favorite friends, too! One of my favorite things about Pittsburgh weddings is the cookie table and this past weekend's cookie table was LEGIT! It's a tradition that, at a Pittsburgh wedding (regardless of religion, budget, etc.), you have a table of all different types of cookies. Some people have their family make huge batches of all different cookies and some choose to have it done by a bakery, but it's always special. And seriously, a cookie buffet, who doesn't love that?!

Onto other news... If you recall from Snapchat last week, I did a major closet cleanout. I mean MAJOR. My closet has never looked cleaner and I feel so relieved. Since my wardrobe was organized, I decided to seriously deep clean every nook and cranny on Sunday night. I even schedule carpet cleaners to come in tomorrow and everything will be #pristine. The only last step is to clean up my life digitally- install updates, backup files, clean up my desktop, etc. And then I think I will finally feel like everything is in place and 'managed'. Phew. 

Wearing: I threw on this little blush tee last weekend. It's the perfect easy thing to throw on for either work or play. The top portion is a super soft jersey material and looks like an everyday, basic tee. However, the pleated hem detail is what really sets it apart. Wear it with white jeans casually like I did in the photo above, or throw on black skinny pants and heels and head to work! 


Wearing II: I think I have about 6 sets of these pajamas by now. They are by far my favorite for the price. They are lightweight and super comfortable, but look very cute and put together. I just ordered a fresh set in 'indigo dobby', a gorgeous periwinkle blue shade! They run true to size, but I like my pajamas to fit generously, so I size up to a medium in these!

Eating: You guys. Have you heard? Trader Joe's has pizza mac 'n cheese. I saw it while browsing through the store a few weeks ago and decided to take the plunge. I don't normally let 'this type' of food enter through the door of my home .. because I'd eat it all. And let me tell you, that's just what I did. I'm warning you right now... do not buy it because it is SO good. Seriously someone is a genius for coming up with this amazing dish.

Drinking: I wish I was drinking these popsicles that are 'poptails'... aka alcoholic popsicles. Pretty darn cool.

Wanting: Just a few thing's that have caught my eye this week. Scroll through the widget above to check them out!

Wanting II: This is one of those things I think you kind of have to receive as a gift because it's a little odd to get for yourself, but how gorgeously simple is this gold engraved cuff (comes in silver, too)? You can have it engraved on the outside, but my favorite part is that you can engrave it on the inside, too. So special.

Loving: The new features Snapchat rolled out this week. Have you tried them out? I was always on team Snapchat when it came to Snapchat vs. Instastories, but lately, I've been team insta stories- I feel like there are so many more creative options there and I love that you can tag accounts, too! Well, Snapchat is trying to play catch up with some really cool new features.

Smelling: This Burberry cologne for men smells amazing. I'm really sensitive to guy's cologne and this one isn't too overpowering. It's just right!

everyday noodles pittsburgh review
Pittsburgh-ing: Sorry for the terrible pic, but we were ravenous! We got takeout from Everyday Noodles this week and all I have to say is: It's about time! It's a dim sum restaurant in Squirrel Hill and everyone raves about it... now I can see why! We got the pork soup dumplings, hot and spicy wonton noodles, pork pot stickers, pan fried pork buns, and some sort of dessert... I didn't do any of the ordering, but this was all really good. My favorite, by far, were the soup dumplings... pretty authentic for Pittsburgh standards!

Reading: Did you hear Coach is buying Kate Spade?! It will be very interesting to see how the brand evolves with this. Coach bought Stuart Weitzman a few years back and I feel like there wasn't any huge/noticeable difference with the brand, so we'll see how this goes! 

Watching: Southern Charm, y'all! It's an addiction. I really feel like I am Cameran, sometimes... and Patricia Altschul. I am obsessed with her. In this past week's episode Patricia was hosting a casual dinner party and of course, she had Dodie Thayer and Dodie Thayer for Tory Burch pieces. A woman after my own heart! Anyone else love this show?

Listening: I embedded May's playlist in last week's post. I've been adding all this week, too, so definitely check it out. I think this month's is one of the best of the year so far! I'm currently listening to this song (SO obsessed) and this song on repeat- so catchy!

Quoting: 'Love is what happens when you make other plans.'// See more of my favorites, here,

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I cannot believe Coach is buying Kate Spade! I'm not going to lie - that news makes me a little sad... I love the blush top!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Anonymous said...

I have the palm pj pants! Im seriously obsessed I may get a second pair!

Unknown said...

Love Southern Charm. Never miss an episode. I spend the entire time counting the Lilly all the girls wear! I definitely can see why you relate to Cameron. My fav! Honest but not in a mean way.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure