Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Wear to Work: A Twinset and a Leather Skirt



 


First off, I want to thank each and every one of you for your kind comments, sweet e-mails, direct messages, tweets, etc. in regard to my new branding/site! I was SO excited for this and it was such a labor of love on the back end, so I am so pleased that you all love it, too! Your support and enthusiasm has created more energy and excitement for me and the content that I create. THANK YOU!

To be honest, this week has already wiped me out. Is it Friday yet?! Between returning from vacation, trying to make time to see friends I haven't seen in a while, creating content for this week, dealing with my disaster of an inbox, and launching my new branding, I'm totally ready to throw in the towel and take a nice long nap. 

On top of everything else, I've had real difficulty sleeping for weeks now due to a very painful shoulder (hence the real need for a nap), so I have been working on getting an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to try and get to the bottom of the issue. I'm hoping in a big way that it is nothing major... I HATE going to the doctor, so this just goes to show how badly the pain is for me. 

Now, onto today's topic: This Skirt. You last saw me wear this great navy blue pleated skirt, here. It is a part of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (which ends this Sunday, August 6th!). You save around $32 by shopping it now and I also like that it is something you can almost wear year round. 

I LOVE this skirt. I already have it in black as well as burgundy. It is such a closet staple for me. The length is modest but not frumpy, the classic a-line cut with the pleats keep it traditional, but the real twist is the 'leather' that makes it slightly edgy and adds some texture. I think it runs a tad big, especially in the waist. I am wearing a size 2. However, check out the reviews, because a lot of people are saying they think it runs a little small in the waist... I think it might just be because the waist has absolutely no give to it whatsoever, so you really need to choose a perfect fit! 

Here, I styled it in a work appropriate way. When you think 'leather skirt', your mind probably thinks there is no way you could wear it to work, but I think if you work in a less conservative office, the outfit above would be perfect! It also looks great with drape-y crepe/silky tanks for nights out, with a blazer or chunky sweater and booties during the fall months, and then well into winter with tights and a turtleneck.
More Pieces from the Nordstrom Sale That I Love:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need an orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Richman at Mercy, is amazing. He is down to earth and does great work. He turned my shattered ankle into a working one.

Lauren said...

Love your new blog design! Also love how the sweater set balances out the leather skirt - great outfit!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!!!! This might be my favorite outfit!!! I love love love Navy!!!! Never knew you could have an entire outfit in Navy and it look so good !!!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure