Wednesday, September 13, 2017

6 Makeup Products I Can't Live Without

6 Makeup Products I Can't Live Without

Shop the products:

During the week, I try not to wear a lot of makeup. I've even gotten my skincare routine down to a point where I feel OK without makeup. But, when I want to look nice, makeup is definitely on my face! 

I love trying new products and I'm always checking out new things and switching up my routine. However, the six products you see above have been in my routine for months and I haven't found anything better! 

Tinted Moisturizer (tan... for the summer months)
This is probably the most recent discovery. I originally got it just to wear at the pool/out in the sun (when I don't really wear makeup) since it has SPF 30. I figured, if I am going to put sunscreen on, it might as well be tinted to make my skin look flawless! A girl in Sephora recommend this tinted moisturizer to me and I LOVE it. It's a little more tinted than others I have tried, which I like! It's enough for me to just wear this and lip balm during the week, too. I also love the creamy, moisturizing texture. It's easy to just apply with your hands like you would your moisturizer. 

Tinted Lip Balm (pink and berry)
By now, you have all heard me rave about this tinted lip balm. It's pricey, but so worth it, in my opinion. I have the berry shade and the pink shade. They're super subtle and give you a very moisturized feeling- like you're wearing lip balm. But the shades give you a natural 'flushed look'. I find the pink to be more subtle and the berry to give a little more/deeper color. I could not recommend these more for anyone and everyone. They are a must have for me. 

Brow Powder (soft brown)
I LOVE this brow powder. I've always used pencils before this, but this is easier (which sounds backwards). I just tap this brush into the lighter powder and work it into my brows. It's very natural and easy to use. I use the darker color when I was some 'oomph' to my eyes and use it as eyeliner on both my top and bottom. It stays put and never smudges. I could not recommend this product more. 

Concealer (medium light neutral... for the summer months)
There are many days where I just swipe some of this concealer on and head out the door. It is so creamy and easy to blend. It's also super pigmented so it's sure to cover up sleep deprived eyes and the worst of blemishes. Although it's pigmented, it never looks or feels heavy on my skin.

My sister, Callie, turned me on to the great drugstore find! It's such beautiful, fine powder. It comes in a bunch of shades, but I get it in the banana. I use it after foundation/tinted moisturizer/etc. and put a big dusting under each eye, in the middle of my forehead, down my nose, and on my chin. Basically, wherever I would get oily or wherever wet makeup needs to be set. I find the banana shade to brighten and almost act as a matte highlighter. I also definitely think it refines my pores and gives my makeup a very flawless look. 

I've been using this bronzer for forever. It's just so natural and gives you a sun kissed glow. It's matte (no sparkle) and not orangey at all. It never makes me break out and is super easy to apply. They make a 'light' version which I tend to use in the winter. 

4 comments:

Marta said...

I've always wanted to try that banana powder from NYX, it seems amazing! And I love tinted moisturizers/bb creams, they're amazing for "no makeup" makeup days and that one seems awesome, I had never heard of it.

Joanna said...

I love the Hula Bronzer. It gives the perfect amount of colour without looking too orange and that's great for me because I have very fair skin. Definitely one of my favourite makeup products ever as well.
Teenage Wayfarer

Lauren said...

Love all of your makeup picks!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Lexy said...

Please do a video tutorial of your "dress up" makeup --- love the red lip and more dramaic eyes you do!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure