Thursday, October 5, 2017

Lately 10/5/2017

Lace and Silk Top (sneak peek of tomorrow' post!)
A little update on my apartment since last week... I came home Sunday night to my washer leaking.. soooo... I had to have the mess fixed and cleaned up from the hot water heater (from last week) and then my old washer/dryer had to be hauled away and I got a new one installed. The mess in my apartment on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday was enough to make me freak (holes in my ceilings and my living room/kitchen stuffed with all the contents of my bedroom/closet/bathroom closet/laundry room and men coming in and out of my apartment... AH!) but luckily, I kept it together. Now, I'm working on the new bed/mattress situation and reorganizing basically everything in my apartment. I cannot wait to share with you all the mattress I got, though. Holy cow, I thought my bed before was super comfortable, but this new mattress is insanely comfortable, it's unreal.

But... very early tomorrow morning, I am headed to Kentucky with my parents and family friends and Callie is meeting us there!! We are going to Keeneland. I'm excited about that. So I'm getting as much as I can done but am going to have to hold off on getting my life fully back together until I return. My way to positively look at all of this is that it gave me a MAJOR reason to get rid of stuff and get totally and fully organized. I've been to Target like 5 times this week to get baskets and bins, etc.

I also wanted to give you all a big thank you for all of your amazingly helpful input in regard to my purse in Paris questions!!! You all gave me so much quality information and I feel so lucky to have so many smart, amazing women lending me their experience and input.

Reading: Launching in November, Christian Louboutin is coming out with baby shoes. This sounds epic. However, I can't imagine dressing a baby in $250 shoes that will fit them for all of one season (if that, even). Cute in theory, though.
Wearing: I'm newly obsessed with the activewear line, Varley (shop here, here, here). I discovered it while at the Nemacolin spa. The pieces are buttery soft, but super flattering and really interesting/unique. It's price like Lululemon, but I almost love some of the Varley pieces more!
Wearing II: I got the cutest fascinator for Keeneland (comes in a bunch of colors). Sorry for the awful pic, this is the only one I took right when I pulled it out of the package and only really meant to send it to my mom! I actually bought it as a backup (I'm wearing this dress), so we'll see if I end up wearing it, but I got it on Amazon for $15 (prime, too!).

Eating: I've been getting a Whole Foods rotisserie chicken every week. They definitely lowered the price on the rotisserie chicken (since Amazon purchased WF), It's an inexpensive way to get delicious protein in without  having to cook. 

Sale-ing: Extra 30% off sale at my favorite: Club Monaco. Use code FALL30 at checkout. These are my all-time favorite skinny cords, the alpaca vest I've been sharing lately,  and one of my go-to cashmere sweaters

Watching:
I watched the movie, Snowden, starring one of my celebrity crush's, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The movie was a little boring, but really interesting. Definitely worth a watch.

Loving: I've lost most of my summer tan by now (unfortunately). So I stopped into Sephora to pick up my fall/winter shades (see more on my insta stories: @SummerWind41490). I ended up with two of my favorites: this foundation and this concealer but also walked out with a new bronzer and new blush. I had someone at Sephora apply all of it on me so I could make sure I liked all of it and it all blended together nicely and I seriously love the new bronzer and blush. I mentioned to the woman that was helping me, that I felt like when I'm paler, the Hoola bronzer makes me look 'dirty' and that my blush doesn't seem to pop enough and looks chalky. She said that Hoola can sometimes come off as orangey and since it has absolutely no shimmer, the lack of dimension can give you that dirty look. The new bronzer she used on me is amazing. It's very natural and gives a lot more dimension and warmth to my face. And the blush looks insane in the palette- like it's BRIGHT pink. I was like um no. But then she put it on me and it is the prettiest blush I've ever seen. It works with your skin and just naturally gives you a little bit of a flush. Obsessed. 

Loving II: I'm a huge fan of Aerie. I buy all of my bras and most of my underwear there. Recently, I stopped in and found their activewear line. It's SO cute and their basic tees are incredible soft. But, I ultimately ended up walking out with a few of their sports bras. I got a few on sale (seriously just $15!!) and they are SO nice. Seriously just as nice as Lululemon, etc. and WAY cheaper. My favorite was this one- wonderfully soft, so comfortable, medium support... I bought every color they had available in my size!

Loving III: Did you hear, Everlane is now on Nordstrom! They have great cashmere for $100

Wanting: A scarf with CHAMPAGNE ALL OVER (also here)?!  So much yes. I actually might order to see if it can be custom framed, I love the look so much. I think it would look good in a long hall way or vertical in a smaller space... it's 80" long, so not sure it will work at all, but curios to see! If not, I still think it will be too fun to wear. Scroll through the widget above to see more of my favorites. 

Quoting: Be the reason someone smiles today. // See more here. 

2 comments:

Just Jess said...

I love that fascinator and I hope your apartment gets settled soon. Also, I think that scarf would be adorable framed. Jess at Just Jess

Shannon said...

Where is that white lace top from?! SWOON :)

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure