Friday, January 26, 2018

A Jacket for Work + Play

A Jacket for Work + Play

A Jacket for Work + Play


Tweed Blazer// White Tank (old, similar)
Shop the Look:

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you have some fun plans this weekend! My weekend is going to be casual and low-key before I travel three weekends in a row starting next weekend. I hope to take advantage of the 'warmer' temperatures we have by taking Henry on a few long walks and also try out a new restaurant. Today, I'm coming at you with a style post. 

I'm often asked: what is one wardrobe tip that will help you to save money or reduce having 'too much' in your closet? My biggest tip is to buy pieces that have maximum versatility. 

This jacket is one of those 'maximum versatility' pieces. Why? Well for starters, it is classic and a neutral color. Secondly, this jacket, when styled appropriately, can be worn to work or on the weekends... or even on a date.

I styled this a bit casually since I'm wearing jeans. But, if you are able to wear jeans to your office, this is a really put-together way to wear jeans and still look professional. It looks clean and sharp. Post work, throw on heels and grab a clutch and you're ready to head to happy hour or date night. 

Do you work in a more conservative office? These navy pants are one of my favorite pairs of work pants ever and they look great with this jacket! Is it 70 degrees and you want to wear this jacket? Wear a scoop-neck a-line dress (like this one) and wear the jacket over top! When you put your mind to it, the options are truly endless. 

So in short, when you're on a budget or looking to reduce your clutter, only purchase pieces that you know you can wear for multiple different occasions or events. It will save you time, money, and sometimes, your sanity when getting dressed in the morning!

2 comments:

Laura Baker Busic said...

I am SO in love with tweed! I know many people consider it dressy, but for my style, I feel that it can be dressed up or down, and I love how it typically contains several colors so it's super easy to mix and match. Love this look!

Lauren said...

I love the fringe on that blazer!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure