Thursday, January 18, 2018

Lately 1/18/2018

Top// Shorts (currently 40% off, neutrals here)// Sneakers 

This week was, thankfully, a lot better than last week! On Monday, I went over to my Grammie's for lunch. I always love spending time with her! Then, I headed to my parent's for dinner- my mom was making my favorite: steak!

We got a ton of snow this week and it has (still) been frigid. Being outdoors is basically miserable because it's freezing but you also have that gross gray sludge to worry about, so you can't really wear any cute shoes.

This week I was also excited to start working on the board of PRSA. I met with my predecessor who showed me the ropes. If you aren't a member of PRSA and are in the PR/Marketing world in Pittsburgh, I really urge you to join!  It is a really great networking opportunity and they host events that can really benefit you!

And lastly, I'm really glad to report that I have been really good at sticking with my cooking during the week goal! I've also been really good at hitting the gym almost every single day. I already feel so much better!

Wearing: Since I've been good about getting a workout in every day, I have been treating myself to a few new pieces of activewear. I typically look for pieces that I can wear while sweating or while running errands. Because of this, the pieces have to be a little more put together than a loose/frumpy tank. I found these two pieces on sale, so I snagged them! The shorts are still available, but my top is sold out in the color I am wearing but is full-price in neutral colors. It's a really great top! The shorts are THE BEST (under $35). They're super high waisted (which I love) and just overall really easy to move in.


Eating: One of the things I made recently was orzo with turkey meatballs. I actually bought the meatballs pre-made (but fresh/refrigerated) at Whole Foods, so I cheated a bit. I also bought a pack of the beef, too. I didn't really love either. They both really lacked flavor... wondering if any of you have any great turkey meatball recipes?!

Eating II: Did you guys catch my guacamole recipe? It is SO good. 

Drinking: I tried a medicine ball from Starbucks late last week. It seems the social media world has been going crazy over this drink, so I was intrigued. Overall, it was very sweet and lemony. I drink both my coffee and tea 'black'.. aka no sugar, cream, milk, honey, etc. I think I just prefer a simpler drink. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but it just wasn't my cup of tea... ha ha ha. 

Reading: Superbowl commercials are starting to roll in. I saw Matt Damon being interviewed on one of the morning shows about his Stella Artois spot and I really liked the fact that it incorporates philanthropy into a commercial. More companies should do that!

Watching:
 I just finished Mindhunter and it was pretty good. Not bingeable, but one or two episodes a day was good. I couldn't get into Marvelous Mrs. Maisel... too show-tuney for me. So, I need a new show to watch. Any good recommendations? I feel like I've already watched everything that is popular (ie. Stranger Things, Elizabeth Smart docs, Scientology docs, Westworld, Handmaid's Tale, etc. etc.). 

Listening: I've been going back to my February 2016 playlist a lot lately. It has a ton of really good, upbeat songs that are perfect for working out!

Wanting: I'm a bit bored of my closet right now. I think once spring hits and I need to switch over my clothes, I am going to do a big purge. I do this often, but I'm really looking forward to it. I think this is in most part because all I wear are heavy sweaters because it's really too cold to wear anything else! See the items I'm loving in the widget above! 

Pittsburgh-ing: The Steelers lost (sigh), but I wanted to share with you the cutest little doggy jersey I got for Henry! I don't really plan on dressing him in things, but this was too cute to pass up. I also ordered him a coat (which he actually needs). He doesn't seem to mind wearing the jersey at all. I call him a little yinzer dog when he wears it, ha! I would assume they make jerseys for all different teams, so check it out and see if they have your favorite team for your pup!

Traveling: Next up, I'm headed to the Caribbean on a mother-daughter trip! I can't wait. Do you have any travel plans coming up?

Quoting: 'If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business, not kindness.'// See more of my favorites, here

4 comments:

CeeCee from KY said...

I've really been enjoying Call The Midwife...I wasn't sure about it at first, then I watched a few episodes and was obsessed. On Season 5 now!

Anonymous said...

Instead of turkey meatballs, I do chicken! They're never dry, unlike turkey. For flavor, I do what you would with any meatball: add in things like green onion, garlic, herbs & spices, etc. Serious Eats has fantastic meatball recipes, and I also made orange chicken meatballs the other day from Just a Taste and they were so moist and flavorful! (I think I preferred the pre-orange sauce meatballs, though.) I'm also a big fan of Bow & Sequins' buffalo chicken meatballs recipe. I usually eat these with cauliflower rice, on top of a salad, or with Serious Eat's quick-and-easy red sauce recipe depending on which type I make.

Lauren said...

I need to get better about cooking at home... I love the top with the tie and Henry looks so cute in his football jersey!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Sarah said...

You should try Glow!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure