Thursday, February 8, 2018

Lately 2/8/2018

This week has been the saddest I've had in a very long time. Our sweet Mac passed away in his sleep early yesterday morning. I'll talk more about it when I'm ready, but I've been away from my computer/work a lot this week.... hence my lack of posting on social media. It just hasn't felt 'right'.

I do want to say thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart to all of you who have had me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. Whether it's a comment, e-mail, DM, text, etc., I am reading and seeing every single one and it means so much to me. I feel so lucky to be surrounded by such a kind, thoughtful, and caring community.

However, I don't want to be a downer and I want to focus on the happy! I am headed on a cruise to the Caribbean with my mom and I am very excited. We have been planning this for a while and I think it will be really good for the two of us to get away. I'm one, to be traveling with my mom, and two, to be going somewhere warm and sunny! Per usual, I'll share on Instastories/Instagram and have a few recaps afterward!

Now onto this week's lately, per usual. The show must go on.

Wearing: I am SO obsessed with this swimsuit. The print looks so feminine and the quality is amazing. The fit is just right, showing just enough skin while the bottoms are still somewhat modest. I ordered the print and the black.. the price is unreal, too! Their sizing is always so off. So, for reference, I ended up with a size 6 in both the top and bottom and they fit perfectly (I am normally a small in both top and bottom, size 27 in pants and 34 A or B bra). I got this super inexpensive wrap to go with the printed suit and the entire thing together is just wonderful.

Eating: The frozen cauliflower pizza crust from Trader Joe's is SO good. I've made pizza with it a few times and while it's not as good as real pizza, it does the trick when you are having that craving. I also read you can make 'chips' by baking it a bit longer and then cutting into pieces. I'm thinking this would be great with guac, hummus, etc.! 

Reading: Last week, I talked about this book, and I'm almost finished. You must read it! It's so good. A quick read with an unexpected twist.

Listening: I've been listening to the Pittsburgh Symphony radio a lot lately. I love jazz and classical and always have one or the other playing while I work. Lately, I've been tuning into the PSO's radio station. It's so calming and educational! 

Loving: Did you see the new Pamela Munson collection? Their straw pieces are such eye candy. So simple, yet so feminine and beautiful.

Loving II: Did you see this oxford cloth top from J.Crew's new arrivals? It's a great twist on a classic 'button down'. I wear my RL oxford cloth button downs almost weekly and this is a fun, flirty take!

Loving III: If you are looking for a classic LBD, this one is just stunning. It looks like it would be great for both work and play. 

Wanting: Have you all heard about the cult-favorite, Biologique Recherche's P50? It's been around for a while, but I just haven't drunk the kool-aid yet. If you do use it/have tried it, is it worth all the hype?! This article from Racked is a really good one if you have never heard of the brand. See more of the items tickling my fancy, here.

Pittsburgh-ing: I am not sure if I have ever shared Dave DiCello here on Summer Wind before, but I probably have mentioned him here and there in the past. He is one of the best photographers and he captures Pittsburgh so incredibly. If you are a Pittsburgher or know of the city, you're definitely going to want to follow him! 

Smelling: Did you see, Aerin, came out with a new fragrance called 'hibiscus palm'. I smelled it at Sephora the other day and I love it! It is very light and summery! 

Traveling: Headed on a trip with my mom. I've never been to Grand Cayman or Mexico before so I am excited to explore new-to-me countries! 

Quoting: 'Joy comes to us in ordinary moments. We risk missing out when we get too busy chasing down the extraordinary.' - Brene Brown// See more of my favorites, here. 

8 comments:

Karen said...

Sydney, so sorry about your beloved Mac.
We lost my best buddy Brewster two weeks ago so I know how you feel?
So glad that you have Henry.
Karen

Anonymous said...

If you like the Pittsburgh Symphony Station and jazz, you might also like "Rhythm Sweet and Hot." It's 90.5 WESA big band music from 1930s/40s, and I listen to it as I get ready on Friday/Saturday evenings.

Also, I've got a request! What would you wear to a concert at CONSOL or Heinz stadium?

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I am so very sorry about the loss of your sweet pup. It is so hard to lose our pets but they live forever in our hearts. Have a great time on your cruise.

Heather said...

So, so sorry to hear about Mac. Wishing you and your family all the best.

www.theheatherreport.com

Anonymous said...

Losing a beloved companion is heartbreaking, so sorry for your loss Sydney!

Julia May said...

I am so sorry to hear about Mac. You two had a special bond and you will carry him in your heart forever - take comfort that because of you and your family, that little guy had everything he could ever need, and he had a wonderful and happy life as your pet!

Deborah said...

I am so sorry that MAC has died. I have lost several dogs over the years and it never gets easier. Be thankful he passed in his sleep in a wonderful home and not at the vet ( where I have had all my dogs put to sleep for various medical reasons). I know he was your best bud for many years and now you have Henry. Remember every time you lose a dog 🐕 it makes your heart bigger making more room to love another one. Just remember he was LOVED and he had a GREAT Life with your family. My eyes are brimming with tears as I type this. God bless you and your family.
Most sincerely
Deborah Bowers

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of your family dog - it is a terrible time and I understand the gap it will leave. Thoughts are with you! I hope the time for you and your Mum on holiday will take your mind of things a little. Enjoy your rest and re-boot in the Caribbean - All the Best - Joanne (Europafox) x

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure