Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Nautical Navy Dress

Nautical Navy Dress

Nautical Navy Dress

Nautical Navy Dress

nordstrom 1901 brand dress

nordstrom 1901 brand dress
Tote (sold out, similar, similar)// Nail Polish (big apple red)
Lip Color (in berry)
Shop the Look:

Navy and white with a touch of nautical- are we shocked or what?! I kid, I kid. You know when you find something that just SCREAMS your name? This dress screamed mine, and loudly. 

I mean, the navy and white striped top, the midi length skirt, the bow in the back, and a somewhat open back?! It has all of the things I look for in a dress- in one! I styled this dress casually because sometimes when I think of dresses, I'm a bit close-minded and think they should be reserved for dressier occasions. But, when I buy a piece for my closet, it's important to me that I can make it work for other occasions, too. So I really wanted to make it work in casual settings so I could add it to my closet. 

This dress was easily made casual with flat sandals, a straw tote, and very minimal accessories/jewelry. To dress it up, add some strappy heels, a cute clutch, and a bold gold cuff or statement earrings and you are ready to go!  

The brand is high-quality, however, everything I have ever ordered, I have had to size up. Things run small. I am wearing a size 4 in this dress when I'd typically wear a 2 in other brands in this cut/fit. The top has some nice stretch to it and the skirt is very forgiving but it's the nipped in waist that was too tight in the size 2!

2 comments:

Allie said...

I love the bow around the neck! This dress looks beautiful on you, and I love how preppy it is. I haven’t tried any 1901 pieces yet, but I need to! Everything I’ve seen online looks so pretty. xAllie
www.theallthatglittersblog.com

Anonymous said...

My brothr suggested I would possibly like this website.
He was totally right. This post actually made my day.
You can not consider just how sso mych time I had spent for
this information! Thanks!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure