Thursday, August 16, 2018

Lately 8/16/2018



I think the health Gods are up against me or something. I was sick last week with stomach issues and on Tuesday I woke up with the worst cold. My throat started to hurt Monday night and then Tuesday I was almost totally out of commission. What on earth! I almost never get sick so this is just wild to me! 

I have an extremely busy next week so this week has been spent at the computer trying to plan ahead. I am headed to Cincinnati and then a separate trip to Nashville next week. As I am planning ahead, all I can think about is FALL! 

I keep seeing the cutest stuff online and I am just itching for it to cool down! We actually had one of the best days weather-wise on Thursday of last week. I wore this pullover because it was cool in the shade!

This week I also booked a trip for September and another for November both of which I am so excited about! A group of us have even started talking about New Year's plans (any votes on where to?!).  

Wearing: Everybody's favorite pullover is back in stock! I have two colors and wear both so often. They are cozy and cute and the price is always great. Also, the black shorts I am wearing in the photos above are amazing. They're kind of like Nike tempo shorts on the bottom but the waistband is higher waisted and in a different material. The waistband sits super flat so the fit is just so insanely comfortable!

Reading: Last week my high school alma mater was ranked 15 out of over 10,000 high schools and now this week my college, James Madison University is ranked 39 out of 727 colleges. Not bad, not bad!

Eating: The weather was gorgeous on Saturday so we took Henry for a walk in Frick Park and then we headed to D's in Regent Square. They seriously have the best hotdogs! I can't decide if I like Franktuary or D's better- it's a toss-up!

Sale-ing: Tuckernuck's sale is still going strong with lots of items available! Can we also talk about their Maine editorial? It is drool-worthy from the outfits to the scenery. 

Watching:
 I just finished The Staircase documentary on Netflix. The first half of episode one was a little confusing and the footage looks so dated that I couldn't get into it. But, as I kept watching I was totally into it! If you like crime/murder mysteries, this is totally for you. I still can't decide on whether or not I think he did it or not! 

Listening: This recommendation isn't going to be for everyone, but Mac Miller's new album is really good. I'm a huge Mac fan- I might be a bit biased because he is from Pittsburgh but his Blue Slide Park album is one of the best in music (I literally love every single song on the album). I didn't love his last album so I was really glad to love most of Swimming.
Loving: My cute little Hen! I have so many nicknames for him it's kind of ridiculous.

Wanting: I go through periods where I love Tory Burch and then don't find anything I particularly enjoy. Right now, I am loving TB! The new clothing and shoes out for early fall are gorgeous. They have a prim and proper, Jackie O vibe that I just love. I could see Jackie wearing this beautiful white dress and coat! Can we also discuss this wine-hued bag by Ferragamo? Every single season, they just knock it out of the park with their designs and this season is no different.

Traveling: Next up Cincinnati for a quick trip with Olay! I'm so excited. I have actually never been to Cincinnati. I have driven through many times so I am glad to get 24 hours there!

Quoting: 'Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.' - Oprah Winfrey // See more of my favorites, here. 

6 comments:

Cee Cee from KY said...

In Cincy check out 21C (rooftop frozen rose girl!) and Bocca/Sotto (Boca is more formal, Sotto is in the basement with bomb Italian).

We are heading to Napa for New Years, but I'm also on a travel kickkk and booked two big trips for next year already...keeps me motivated!

Unknown said...

Have fun in Cincinnati! It will be fun as a native to see everywhere you go (looking for you on insta stories!).

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I live in Cincinnati after 10 years in Chicago and it is a great city! I can't wait to hear about what you are up to in Cincy!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I live in Cincinnati after 10 years in Chicago! It is a great city and definitely growing! I can't wait to hear about what you will be doing while in Cincy!

Unknown said...

Yay Cincinnati!! Can't wait to hear what you're up to here :)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear what you are up to here in Cincinnati!! Enjoy, its a great city :)

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure