Thursday, October 18, 2018

Lately



You all probably have an idea of how my week has been going based on this Life Update post. I am glad to report that I feel like my life is somewhat 'back to normal'! I have a full week at home and have dinner plans with girlfriends I haven't seen in far too long. I had a violin lesson this week which I also hadn't had in a while. I also have been good about cooking dinner in and eating healthy. I washed all of my bedding, and today I plan on cleaning my entire apartment. IT FEELS SO GOOD!

I did have one *small* but frustrating issue this week. My phone is having coloring issues so I had to call Verizon and it was such a nightmare. I ended up spending a total of 3 hours on different calls trying to get it sorted out. In the end, nothing got sorted out so I'm going to have to find time to get to the Verizon store to sort it out in person. I'm thinking I am going to end up getting the new iPhone XS Max. Does anyone have it and love it? Right now I'm working with a 7 plus so I am due for an upgrade!

This weekend we are celebrating my mom's birthday on Saturday night. We went to Canada to really celebrate but Saturday night we are getting together for a nice dinner (her actual birthday is Sunday)!

This week has also been COLD. I had to pull out my puffer coat and wear it all day yesterday, it was that cold. I considered putting Henry's coat on him but I felt he might have been too warm with it on. What is the temperature when you choose to put a coat on your dog? I think with Henry's fur, he should be fine until it starts to get into the 30's. Is there a right answer for this one?! I got Henry in mid-December so he was always in a coat until the spring... he is not one that likes the cold and seems to actually like his coat. This is his first fall with me and he has been loving it!

Wearing: This Patagonia pullover was one of my top selling items last year and I totally get why! It's literally one of the most comfortable and cozy items that I own. It's actually a men's pullover because they do not make this style for women. Well- you are in luck because I found an almost identical pullover this year that is made for women!! The men's pullover is still available (I'm wearing an XS). You can also find it here, and here.

Drinking: I posted this cocktail recipe almost 2 years ago to today and it's still one of the favorites that I make each fall! 

Reading: I saw this article on Twitter the other day and it's so funny because I feel the same way about tipping! 

Sale-ing: There is so much Alice and Olivia on sale at Neiman Marcus right now. I love the brand but it can be pretty pricey so I'm always looking for a good sale! Another favorite, Club Monaco, is having a really good sale right now, too. A lot of it is summer but you can find some real gems like this gorgeous red dress (perfect for the upcoming holiday season). I'm also loving this navy skirt with gold buttons that could work for the office or for fun! 

Watching:
 Have you seen the trailer for the Netflix Christmas movie? I know it's only October, but not going to lie, I'm excited about this!! The previews are kind of giving me The Santa Claus vibes (such a good movie). 

Loving: Two of my favorite and most-worn closet staples are back in stock. They come out each fall/winter and they're such high quality! This cashmere cardigan and these corduroy pants. They both run true to size. I wear a small in the cardigan and a 2 in the pants! 

Wanting: You all know how much I love my St. Charles Yacht tote! Well, they just came out with the most beautiful plaid print ever and I am just dying for it! So seasonal and festive without screaming 'Christmas'. I love it! This skirt is somewhat of a splurge but I just had to order it. It looks SO much like Gucci and is just beautiful. I picture it with my Ferragamo vara shoes and a turtleneck. Obsessed. I also just ordered this tweed dress and this tweed skirt. They are both by the brand, Lauren James. It's a brand that I have never shopped before so I am interested to see the quality and fit because they are so cute! They gave me a discount code for all of you. Use code Sydney15 for 15% off your order now through November 1st! Scroll through the widget above to see more items I am loving!

Pittsburgh-ing: Condado opened another location in Lawrenceville! It's kind of pointless for me to go to the new location considering I can walk to the original one- but that's exciting for everyone in Lawrenceville!! Their tacos and queso are so good.

Traveling: Next up Lexington, Kentucky next weekend for Keeneland! We go every year and I am so excited! 

Quoting: 'We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are.' - Max Depree // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Mia said...

One of my pledge sisters and I wore Lauren James dresses for our college graduation a couple of years ago and we were really pleased with the quality and cut. I'm busty, so listened to reviews and sized up from my usual small to a medium since the bust was the only fitted part of the dress as it flared out at the waist. It ended up being the right choice, but if you have a smaller bust than me it shouldn't be a problem at all. For reference, I'm usually a size 4 or sometimes a 6 but a DD in the chest.

Also, I was looking online and saw something that reminded me of your site. It was a nice surprise, but while exploring the TJ Maxx website (they have much pricier brands online than they usually have in store) I saw Ferragamo headbands and barrettes for sale! You can't search by brand on the website, but if you look up "made in italy vera" you'll see them!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure