Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Athleisure Staples

Athleisure Staples





Ruffle Sweatshirt (also here, and on sale here)
Shop the Look:

Does anyone else become a hermit during these freezing January and February months?! No, just me?! January and February are usually pretty slow for me business-wise and same for socially... usually just two slow, cold months. Ick. 

However, this year, it's been busy on both fronts, which is actually really great because January has flown by! February is totally booked for me, too, which is rare so I'm really thinking this winter is going to fly by. 

However, that doesn't change the fact that with the frigid temps, comes less and less walks for me and Henry! I so enjoy our walks as it is a nice exercise for both of us but I always feel SO bad when we have to cut our walks short because it is just so cold! 

So we really value the few and far between days where it is 'warm'. I put that in quotes because when I say 'warm', I mean anything above 32 degrees! We shot this outfit when we were having one of those days and it was actually around 50 degrees which was downright balmy for January in Pittsburgh!! 

But it reminded me of how much I rely on athleisure in my day-to-day life. I often run errands in an outfit like you see above and just this past weekend, I was skiing and was so glad to have cute athleisure looks to wear under my ski gear as well as things to wear aprés skiing!

I had ordered a bunch of leggings and ended up only keeping two pairs. These subtly metallic leggings made the cut. I'm all about black when it comes to workout/athleisure pieces because it makes it so easy to just mix and match. While these are kind of a green metallic, they do look black and because of that, almost just as versatile as black! 

More Pieces I Love:

1 comment:

Danielle Bass said...

Have you ever tried the brand Joules? They have great pullover, 1/4 zip type tops that are great for wearing with leggings or even jeans. The striped versions work great year round. And they have great sales/clearances, but their regular priced items are all reasonably priced as well. I first found them in a local boutique store when on vacation on the Outer Banks in NC and buy all the time at different online retailers now. Some pieces have a very Vineyard Vines quality and look. Definitely one of my favorite brands and I think, based on your style, you’d like them as well!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure