Thursday, February 7, 2019

Lately

roller rabbit pajamas

roller rabbit pajamas
Can you believe we are already one full week into February? It's one of my least favorite months (behind March) but luckily, it is the shortest month!

But, I will say we really lucked out with the weather this week. The week started off at 60 degrees. Needless to say, Henry got lots of walks! The sun and warmth just reminded me of what a mood booster the weather can be!

This week I visited the house where I got an 'orientation'. I am not sure if this is common or not, but someone walked me through my home and showed me the shut-off valves, where the circuit breaker was, what to turn off and leave on when I leave for extended periods of time (like vacation), etc. They showed me air filters I will need to replace, how to lock and unlock the windows, etc. It was SO helpful because I would have had absolutely no idea about any of this stuff! They then marked everything while I was there so I wouldn't forget. Phew.

It got me SO excited because, in just about 6 weeks, I will get to move in!! I cannot wait!  The next step is to do another walkthrough about a week before move in to make a checklist of last minute things that need to be touched up or need to be changed/fixed.

Wearing: Lake pajamas are my favorite but a very close second has to be these Roller Rabbit pajamas! The prints are so fun and the fabric is so soft- it is very similar to the lake pajamas but I just find the fabric to be a little thinner!
Eating: Baked by Melissa sent me these sweet little cupcakes yesterday! Aren't they adorable?! This was a reminder that I personally love things like this more than flowers! A good idea if you haven't thought of anything for Valentine's day- these ship around the country! 
Reading: These 3 books are currently next to my bed. I usually read one book and then move on to the next but right now I'm in the thick of all three and I love them. They are all SO different from each other.
Sale-ing: L.L. Bean is having a major sale. I usually find L.L. Bean's prices to be very fair/reasonable but when they have a sale, their prices are REALLY good. It's usually when I stock up on some items for skiing! Scroll through the widget above to see my favorite deals. I sooo wish this blanket was on sale. I have been looking for a new cozy throw blanket to use while lounging on the couch and this one looks perfect- but only the green color is included in the sale! Scoop it up if green works with your decor!! 
Sale-ing II: This is one of my favorite athleisure outfits ever. It's so comfortable but so cute! The green is so much more 'fun' than my boring black that I typically wear! Right now, the sweater is on major sale. It's such high quality and easily a piece you could dress up with jeans, too! With St. Patrick's Day coming up in just a little over a month, I might be wearing this sweater for the holiday! I own very little green so this is a great piece to have!

Sale-ing III: I love Donald Roberston! When I saw his pajama collaboration with Sant and Abel over Christmas, I wanted a set so bad. But, at $160, I just found that a little nuts for cotton pajamas. However, they are now on sale for just $65! The giraffe print is my favorite. 

Watching:
 Did anyone start the Ted Bundy tapes on Netflix? I tried to watch it because I saw so many good reviews but I just couldn't get into it!! 

Loving: I love this cardigan and shell set- navy blue and white stripes are so cute!
Loving II: I shared these to-go cups on instastories the other day and got so many DM's about them! I can't seem to find them online, but I found them in my local Target. They were in the section with the disposable plates and plastic silverware. They are SO cute! 

Wanting:
 I LOVE this scallop hem sweater. Can't get over the price, either! It's made of cotton instead of anything synthetic which makes the price even better!

Quoting: 'Your life isn't yours if you constantly care what others think.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

3 comments:

Laura Baker Busic said...

I love that scallop sweater, I saw it in-store last weekend and I'm obsessed with the light blue color!

Anonymous said...

I watched Ted Bundy the weekend it came out. The first episode was a bit slow. Episodes 3 and 4 are great! You should give it another watch.

Anonymous said...

Im a new home owner and we did the walkthrough with our builder before we moved in and had our closing. It was and still is a challenge for us because we are first time home owners too and have zero experience with anything and everything! One thing though, we have a dog so we wanted a fenced yard for him and had thrown in irrigation. Let’s just say we didnt know how to operate one and since we closed our sprinkler was on 3 times a day for 1.5 hours. Didnt think any different because we were told that’s how it should be the first month for the sods, until our first water bill came. 600 dollars. Ouch.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure