Thursday, February 28, 2019

Lately




Velvet Skinnies// Handbag ( on sale!!)

What a week! I constantly felt like it was a day earlier than it really was (I still do!!). I have had a LOT of work this week. I'm preparing to speak in front of a group next week in Richmond, so some preparation for that as well as some more wedding planning and the usual work, it's been a lot! Plus, I have a press dinner tonight which I am looking forward to because I have really been wanting to try this restaurant that recently opened in Pittsburgh! 

I've also been ordering lots and lots for the new house! I get the keys at the end of the month!!! I've lined up movers and am planning on working extra this month so I'm able to focus on the house a little extra for a few days in early April! I am not quite sure yet, but I don't think I'll be quite living in the house until May. I have both places, which is nice but puts me in a bit of limbo for the month of April, we shall see! 

I also tackled making appointments that have been on my to-do list for weeks. Why is it that I always put off the easiest of tasks? Like making a dermatologist appointment, getting my oil changed, etc. It's so simple but they are often the things I check off last. Glad to have a bunch of things scheduled now, though! Phew. 

Wearing: I have been wearing this gorgeous white top constantly. The fabric is incredibly luxurious and it is so well made. It's simple so you can wear it year round but I can't wait to wear it with white skinnies come summer!

Eating: I want to try this Philly Cheesesteak cabbage wrap!! I love cabbage so I'm definitely intrigued to try this! 

Drinking: I want to try to make this spicy jalapeno grapefruit margarita. YUM!

Sale-ing:  The Shopbop sale is still going on through March 2nd! Shop my favorites, here.

Sale-ing II: Have you all heard of Orchard Mile? It's such a great site with lots of high-quality, classic pieces. They are mostly designer and pricey but they also have really good sales! Some pieces I am currently loving from their sale: this gorgeous floral blue dress, this embellished neutral sweater, these wardrobe staple sandals, and this stunning cream sweater.

Sale-ing III: The Tory Burch private sale just started today!! Definitely check it out- this is usually better than all of their other sales. 

Watching:
 You guys should watch these cute videos on Uplift! They're short and sweet and give you a quick daily dose of happiness!

Listening: OMG. You must listen to the 'Cold' podcast. I'm not a huge podcast person but I like to listen to them on long drives. This weekend, while driving to The Greenbrier, we started Cold and the first episode or two were kind of lame in my opinion... but, as you keep listening, it gets CRAZY. Like so insane it's unbelievable. But it's a true and tragic story. I highly recommend it. 

Loving: So I saw this lamp a while ago and LOVE it. I want to use it in my bathroom. It's a tiny little lamp so I just couldn't justify the $250 price tag. Lo, and behold I found an almost EXACT look-alike for only $75. Win! From the same site, I am also loving these chinoiserie-style end tables and this lamp!

Wanting: Not too much on my radar this week- good for my wallet, ha! 

Quoting: 'Forever is composed of nows.'' - Emily Dickinson// See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure