Friday, February 22, 2019

Off to The Greenbrier!

As of reading this, we are off to The Greenbrier for the weekend! My parents have taken my sister and me when we were younger, and I am so excited to be back at one of my favorite places. It will be a fun weekend getaway- just my fiancĂ© and me!

If you haven't been, I highly recommend it. It is old-school traditional in the way everything is done without feeling stuffy. It has a warm southern welcome feeling. The decor was done by Dorothy Draper and then kept up by Carleton Varney who took over for Draper. Think lots of colors, bold prints. Nothing is subtle, nothing is minimal and yet it all flows so incredibly well together and has such an elegant vibe to it.


Just so you all know, The Greenbrier has a really good deal going on right now that you can take advantage of through March 17th- it's their wintertime package and not only are the packages priced really well but they also have perks like early check-in/late check-out, $200-$300 resort spending credit, breakfast in the main dining room (which is SO good), and more! 

It's a great weekend getaway and definitely worth it to experience one of the greatest resorts- especially at the discounted price. If you are a skier, it's right by Winterplace Ski Resort. Although we love to ski, we are going to use the weekend to relax. It's a Pittsburgher's favorite spot, too, because we are just about 4 hours away, so it is an easy drive! 

Be sure to follow on instastories! In the meantime, I thought I would share what I am packing for the weekend. Since we are not flying, I'm not limited to a carry-on which is SO nice so you can bet I am overpacking. I love that The Greenbrier has dress codes and there are lots of excuses to get dressed up but we will also be doing a lot of casual things, too! 

Before going on a trip, I will oftentimes lay out my outfits in a collage format to make sure they all look right together. I usually do this for week-long (or longer) trips. This is definitely more of something a blogger/influencer does to make sure that their outfits complement the settings that they are in, but it can also be helpful for you to maximize your wardrobe's potential. For example, if you are limited to just a carry-on, laying out all of your outfits on a screen can show you how you can re-wear and re-use as many pieces as possible!
For this collage, it has helped me to see what I can edit out. There is no way I need 5 dresses for 3 days, so it's easy for me to just delete and then remove from my actual pile! 

Shop the Pieces:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you link the blue skirt or is it sold out

Sarah Wissinger said...

I went to the Greenbrier once a few years ago for a party in the Cold War bunker that's on-site (haha) - so cool!

Enjoy your weekend!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure