Monday, March 4, 2019

Home Decor Inspo: Guest Bath

Home Decor Inspo: Guest Bath

The move is approaching quickly! I've started to prepare because quite frankly, moving is the worst!! As much of a pain all of it is, I'm still just so excited. I've started to order things so that they will arrive around when I move in. 

I've shared my decor inspiration for the living room, and today I'm sharing the inspiration for the guest bathroom. 

There is a master bathroom that is within the master bedroom where there is a double sink, shower (glass door, no bathtub), and it's a decent size. 

But, the Jack and Jill bathroom, which is situated in between the two guest bedrooms is even bigger and floods with natural light! I'm turning one of the bedrooms into my closet/office so I am going to use the guest bathroom to 'get ready'! Of course, I'll do my nightly skincare, brush my teeth, etc. in the master bath, but I'm thinking I'll do my makeup and that kind of thing in the guest bath. I can't say for sure yet until I get in there and figure it out, but that's what I am thinking.

Because I'll be using it often, I wanted to make it girly. I typically like more manly colors when it comes to decorating. I love mahogany, dark leather, navy blue, rich fabrics, etc. I love the color pink but don't necessarily love it as a color for decor. So, this will be the pink bathroom and I think it will pack quite the punch. I hope my guests like pink!

I was only going to wallpaper the powder room, but I think wallpaper in the guest bath might be a way to give this new house a little more old school character. I'm thinking about doing pink and white stripes. This style of wallpaper is all over The Greenbrier and I just loved it. Plus, it reminds me a bit of Eloise at the Plaza, too!

I have watercolors that I bought in Montmartre while in Paris and haven't had a chance to have them framed or hung. I think they'll have a home in the guest bathroom because they work so nicely with the color scheme (they're small!). 

I have a few Wedgwood jasperware pieces in blue and love them. I didn't know that jasperware was made in other colors until I found a few pieces on Etsy. So, I ordered a set for the Bathroom: a little bud vase and a ring dish. I have a silver tray that I will display things on such as cotton swabs, etc. 

I ordered a gorgeous monogrammed piped shower curtain that I'm excited about. I plan on getting monogrammed guest towels, too- white with a pink embroidery! 

And, if it all feels too pink, I might nix the wallpaper or add a secondary color like pale blue to break things up a bit. Who knows! 

It might be the only 'room' in the house that takes shape quickly, ha! Bathrooms are the easiest part!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure