Thursday, March 7, 2019

Lately



I'm all about ending Sunday in a relaxing, calm way and gearing up for the week ahead. It's not the Sunday scaries for me, I actually get excited about my week ahead! Well, this week did not start off as planned. I felt so off all Sunday- my stomach just wasn't 'right'. I ended up feeling so sick that I was in bed by 7 and didn't sleep at all Sunday night. A stomach bug hit me hard and I was in bed all of Monday. No. Fun. At least I was in the comfiest Lake pajamas ever. Seriously, if you haven't gotten yourself a pair, you need to. Softest pajamas ever and beyond comfortable.

So, I restarted a little sluggish on Tuesday- I felt in good spirits, though, because it could only go uphill from there... and then Wednesday it was like it hit me again. I think I'm on the mend now. Phew.

Today, I'm headed to Richmond for the quickest trip ever to speak at a conference! I'm excited for a longer road trip so I can indulge in a podcast. Ever since I first listened to Serial, then S-Town, and then Cold, I'm hooked on these mysterious murder mystery type podcasts!

Reading: Did you see that Lilly Pulitzer released a book with Assouline to celebrate their 60th anniversary? I received one from the lovely Lilly team and it is 265 pages of pure happiness!

Sale-ing: Have you taken a look through Athleta's sale section lately? They have so many of my favorite workout pieces and it's always nice to score them on sale! Horchow is also having a big sale which includes the gorgeous Matouk linens- which are very hard to find on sale! 

Watching:
 Real Housewives of NY started last night. Who else watches? I've been a faithful watcher since season 1. It's really the only Real Housewives franchise I keep up with! In other Bravo news, we still don't have a date for my favorite, Southern Charm! Does anyone know when it premieres?! 

Listening: As I'm traveling, I plan on listening to Over My Dead Body or Up and Vanished. I got so many recommendations for these two podcasts via Instagram DM and I am so excited to see what all the hype is about!

Loving: We've gotten quite a bit of snow in the last week or so, which is not surprising for March in Pittsburgh. I'm quite over it, though. I absolutely love Tuckernuck's new arrivals- so bright and cheery and really excites me for warmer temps. We are almost out of the thick of it!!! 

Wanting:
 Are you guys a car neat freak like I am? Meaning I keep my car's interior squeaky clean at all times? I don't store anything in my car because I can't stand the clutter and I vacuum/clean it around once a month! I usually do it at my parent's because I valet my car downtown. Once I move, though, I will have a nice big garage where I can do it at my house! So, it has me looking at this handheld vacuum. Does anyone have it and love it?! Speaking of vacuums, I've also been researching pet vacuums that are good on hardwood floor since I'll have a lot of that in my new house. This Bissell vacuum has been highly reviewed and I'm wondering if I should get it? Has anyone here tried it?! Getting excited about vacuums is about as adult as it gets, isn't it?!


Pittsburgh-ing: We just got a Fogo de Chao in downtown Pittsburgh. It's only a couple blocks from my apartment and since I love a good steak, I thought this would be right up my alley. I hadn't had a chance to try it yet but luckily, I was invited to a press dinner there and it was delicious! You definitely need to come hungry- there is so much food. Honestly, you could be a vegetarian and have a great meal. They have a 'market table' which is essential a big buffet filled with salads and grilled veggies, lots of cheeses, and more. Then, they come around to your table with the meat offerings. Every single thing was delicious. I highly recommend the caipirinha cocktail and ordering a glass of the VIK red wine. Can't wait to return!

Pittsburgh-ing II: I loathe cicadas! They freak me out so much- so if you are like me, here is your official warning- they are coming for Pittsburgh this spring/summer. AH! 

Traveling: Headed to Richmond for less than 24 hours to speak at a conference this evening! 

Quoting: 'Don't waste your time trying to change opinions. Do your thing and don't care if they like it.' -Tina Fey  // See more of my favorites, here. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sydney,
I love my Shark Navigator Lift Off vacuum, it is great for pet hair.
We have two Pembroke Welsh Corgis who shed like crazy.
The vac has gone strong for 6 years. Love your posts have a lovely weekend!
Karen

Unknown said...

OK- I give up-where is you adorable jacket from? The link just connects to the Lily Pulitzer book! We have two inches of snow here outside of DC-so could use something a little springy.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Thank you.

Susan

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure