Thursday, March 14, 2019

Lately


This past weekend, we got our favorite Thai takeout, went to a beautiful wedding, and walked to the Strip District for brunch! We were lucky to have had great weather and it has continued through this week. Henry has gotten lots of walks so he has been so happy!!

This week flew by- I got SO much accomplished and I'm trying to work ahead as much as possible as I prepare for the move. This weekend I am hosting family friends for a St. Patricks day brunch. I did this last year and it was so much fun! This is going to be like the last hoorah in my apartment. Bittersweet!

Wearing: I am obsessed with this sweater coat and this striped tee! Seriously, they are both such nice quality for the price and I really love pairing them together. An easy casual, but put together look!
Eating: This is one of my favorite products from Trader Joe's! I usually pick one up every other time I go because I go through it that fast! It's a non-chunky salsa that tastes just like what you would find at a Mexican restaurant. So flavorful and yet there are only a handful of ingredients. 

Watching:
 The Adnan Sayed documentary on HBO finally premiered. I watched the first episode and thought it was good but not great... I just don't know how you could top Serial! But, it's worth the watch just because it is so interesting to actually see the people from the Podcast! 

Loving: I rescued Henry from a non-profit called Tracy's Dogs. You probably have heard this many times before but I like to give the organization as much publicity as possible because it is amazing. They just partnered with a musician to create a music video of a dog's journey from Tracy's Dogs to finding their forever home and it is SO SWEET. The count of dogs that Tracy has rescued is ow almost to 5000. Incredible. Pittsburghers, Tracy's Dogs comes to the area on July 13th if you are interested in adopting! There are so many cute dogs available for adoption!

Wanting: Lots of good things this week but I have had shoes on the brain!
Pittsburgh-ing: We went to Smallman Galley in the Strip District for brunch on Sunday. We typically get Home or Iron Born, but this time we got an order of tacos from Baco. They were SO good. Highly recommend... it's so hard to pick whenever I'm in there- all of the restaurants this round are just incredible! We also got the fish sandwich from Home that was incredible. Giving fish fry's a run for their money! 



Traveling: Last week I spoke at a conference in Richmond. It was held at the Quirk Hotel which was SO cute. The branding was beautiful and I loved all of the blush pink!! If you are ever in Richmond, I highly recommend! 

Quoting: 'Some of the best days in your life haven't happened yet. Just relax and keep going.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

4 comments:

Annaliese said...

I live about an hour from Richmond, and I really want to visit the Quirk hotel sometime soon- it looks SO cute!

xoxo A
www.southernbelleintraining.com

Shayne H said...

Do you have any Thai recommendations in the South Hills? We recently moved to Mt. Lebo but I’ve spent the majority of my adult life living near the city, so places like Bangkok Balcony and Pusadees Garden used to be my go to. Thank you!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Shayne, Pho Kim is my favorite in the south hills! So delicious!

Tracy said...

That's my favorite salsa too! Add the blue corn tortilla chips and I am one happy girl.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure