Thursday, March 21, 2019

Lately

As of yesterday, we have officially entered SPRING! See ya, winter! It has actually been pretty mild lately so I am loving it and fully embracing spring with open arms.

This week has been great- I've been crossing a lot off of my to-do list and continue to put in extra work so I can give myself a little time for the move!

I get the keys to my new house next Friday and I am so excited. I'm going to do a full post because I'm having allll of the feelings about this huge change about to take place. It's such a big change and now that it is finally here, I am nervous! It's a good, happy nervous, but nerves are nerves.

This past weekend I had a big group of people over to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and I said to them 'this is probably going to be the last time you are in my apartment'. It was so weird! So, this weekend and all next week I am planning on fully embracing my apartment and downtown life because it won't look like this as of next weekend!

Wearing: I love a good athleisure set and this navy one is so perfect for spring. The sweater is such high quality. These are my favorite leggings because not only do they have a really nice high waist and hit me right at the ankle (I'm 5'6"), but they have TWO pockets on each side of the leg. Whenever I'm walking Henry it is so nice to have these pockets to be able to hold my phone and keys! They're high quality and wash really nicely, too! If you are between sizes, I would recommend sizing down.

Wearing II: These linen shorts are back this year! They are so insanely comfortable and basically feel like running shorts but look way more put together. I wore them SO much last year so I'm glad to see them back and fully in stock. Right now, they are on sale for $15!!! They run true to size! They also come in black, white and green!

Sale-ing: Serena and Lily is offering 20% off everything through March 25th. Use code INSPO. There are a few exclusions so keep an eye out for those. I want these counter stools sooooo badly, this might just be the 'excuse' I need to snag them! I'm also obsessed with this rug

Watching:
 We watched Greenbook on Sunday and it was SO good. I highly recommend it. It is really well done and the acting is phenomenal. You can rent on Amazon Prime!

Watching II: OMG the Stranger Things season 3 trailer was released and I am SO excited! It's being released a little earlier this year- July 4th! 

Listening: I gave up on creating a March playlist because I have been so into Podcasts, so I started on an April playlist and although it only has a few songs, it is SO good. This George Ezra remix makes me SO happy and energized. Great for playing during a 3pm slump! 
Loving: Isn't this custom painted dog bowl SO cute?! The lovely Dana, who creates these amazing bowls was so sweet and sent one for Henry for our new home! The bowls come in several different colors to match your decor and are so well made! Henry is a happy pup! 

Wanting: I'm sure you have all seen those slow feeder dog bowls before? Henry eats out of a food ball that he rolls on the floor. But that's admittedly messy. For the new house, I have been looking for a pretty slow feeding dog bowl and have come up empty-handed. BUT, I came across this brilliant removable thing that you can put in any dog bowl that forces dogs to slow down. I ordered it and will report back if it really works!

Quoting: 'I have found that when you love life, life will love you back.' - Arthur Rubenstein// See more of my favorites, here. 

5 comments:

Brenna said...

https://www.target.com/p/slow-eat-dog-bowl-boots-barkley-153/-/A-53692401?preselect=53455679#lnk=sametab

This Target Boots and Barkley bowl is the slow feeder bowl that we have for my puggle (pug/beagle) mix who is basically a garbage disposal with the good obsessed part of the pug mixed with the food hound part of the beagle, haha! Works great for him!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sydney - Do you mind sharing where the rug in the pic of sweet Henry is from?? I'm sorry - I feel like you've shared the source of one of your rugs before, but I can't find it! I love the pops of blue with the red!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Anonymous,

The rug is from ecarpetgallery! I bought it 3 years ago and can't seem to find the exact one on the website, sorry!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Sydney,

As a suggestion for your April playlist, you may want to check out this new artist Charlie Burg on Spotify. He’s got a cool indie pop vibe that I think you’ll really love!

PS. I love your blog!

Unknown said...

Sorry I forgot to share the link to Charlie Burg!

https://open.spotify.com/artist/0ubGY2CcC0tvR0eE6hJaT8

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure