Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The Little Things Part III

It's quite amazing to have amassed 10 years worth of blog posts. There are over 3100 blog posts on summerwindblog.com. Three thousand!!! I mention this a lot, but one of my favorite things about Summer Wind is that it is like a personal diary of sorts. 

I can look back to any day in any month of any of the last 10 years and read about what I was into, what I was up to, what I was looking forward to. 

Basically, I'm all about finding happiness in every single day. Even a bad day. And when I find the tiniest pieces of happiness, I save them into my phone and read them whenever I need a pick-me-up. They're little things- things that many people might not even think twice about- things I often don't think twice about but are a series of small, insignificant moments where I think most of life's happiness can be found! 

Here is my latest list... 

The warmth that comes from cuddling with Henry. 

The sound of trees rustling in the wind. 

The right ratio of juice to champagne in a mimosa. 

I love you text messages right before taking off on a flight. 

Waking up just before your alarm and not being tired. 

The first sip of coffee. 

The beacon of lights as you fly into a city at night. 

When you come across a song that you become obsessed with and play on repeat. 

Running your hands through your freshly cut hair. 

The sound of the drowned out chatter and commotion on an evening flight as you doze off to sleep. 

The moment when your Jack Rogers are finally broken in and amazingly comfortable. 

A random Homegoods trip where you hit the jackpot!

A knock on your hotel door signaling that your room service has arrived. 

The first spritz of perfume. 

The sound of torn wrapping paper as a gift is being opened. 

Freshly showered, new pajamas, and freshly washed sheets. 

The sizzling of fajitas arriving at your table! 

A beautifully packaged purchase- so good that you don't even want to open it!

A sip of Coke the next morning after a night out of drinking. 

A long walk after a few days of bad weather. 

When it's so clear you can actually see the stars. 

When you realized you completed all of your errands. 

A perfect parallel parking job. 

Not trying something on in the store, bringing it home and it fitting perfectly. 

Chik-Fil-A Chicken Mini's for breakfast. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure