Thursday, April 18, 2019

Lately


Shoes (now available online!!)

Oh my goodness, what a whirlwind of an April so far. This entire month has sped by and I have been the busiest I have ever been. Hence why I missed a post this week, which, in the 10 years of Summer Wind is a big rarity. That is when you know things are REALLY crazy.

Today I am spending all day working from the new house because I have some furniture being delivered and Comcast will come to set up cable/wifi and I'm so excited! We were planning on spending our first night at the new house on Friday but I just could not take my bare, sad-looking apartment any longer, so we had our first night last night. I actually felt like I was staying at a hotel because my bed was SO comfortable, ha!! The first night made it all feel so real and I'm just so excited for all that is to come!

I will finally have all of my furniture delivered on Monday. Crazy. It's been so weird to watch my apartment become bare and the new house starting to look so homey. Now, I cannot wait to close the door to my apartment and not have to deal with it any longer, ha!

I had my inaugural Costco trip this week and I'm obsessed. They have so much good stuff and the fact that I actually have a place to store more than a few rolls of toilet paper is such a luxury to me. It's the little things, right?

Wearing: You saw the second photo already this week but I wanted to share a second photo of how you can wear this white dress in two very similar ways, but one is for cooler spring weather and the other is for summer weather! The dress is not see through so I do not wear a slip underneath and it runs true to size. I could not recommend it more!

Eating: This recipe for french onion chicken meatballs sounds phenomenal! I'm a huge fan of French onion soup so this is right up my alley. 

Reading: Have you seen this coffee and cream chart? It's too funny! I'm definitely an f-6... what are you? 

Sale-ing: Ralph Lauren is having a 30% off sale, use code FAMILY. Love these jeans, this color blocked puffer,  I have this incredible cashmere cable cardigan. Also, my favorite cable cashmere sweaters are included in the sale. It's a rarity that they go on sale! My other tip is that if you wear a size small in women's clothing, usually a size Large or XL in boys will work so you can snag this cashmere cable sweater for a lot less! 

Watching:
 The Big Little Lies season 2 trailer is out now. I cannot wait!

Loving: I just got this gorgeous blue and white maxi dress in the mail and I am so in love. I cannot wait to wear it!

Wanting: Does anyone have this iPhone case? I think I want to get it for my iPhone XS Max! On a completely unrelated note, I love love love hot dogs. I don't eat them that often because they are bad for you, however, these sauces are making me very excited for grilling hot dogs this summer... I'm just excited to have a grill, ha! Trader Joe's uncured organic grass-fed beef hot dogs are my absolute favorite- they are so flavorful. 

Pittsburgh-ing: Did you see the dates for the Arts fest have been announced? So excited- one of my favorite things about summer in Pittsburgh! 

Traveling: I mentioned this in Monday's post but we have a quick weekend getaway to Ohio wine country planned which will be fun and then we booked a Nantucket trip in June for my fiancĂ©'s 30th birthday! 

Quoting: 'Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.' - Confucius // See more of my favorites, here. 

2 comments:

Just Jess said...

I love a good grilled hot dog in the summer. I have switched over to the Applegate turkey hotdogs since they similarly don't have nitrates or nitrites and simple ingredients.

Laura Baker Busic said...

I saw you talking about your bed on Insta stories and I MUST know more! I'm in the market for a new bed soon and the ma tress market is so overwhelming to me, ha!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure