Thursday, May 16, 2019

Lately



Lemon Espadrilles// Denim Shorts (old, similar)

This week was an uneventful, but a nice week! I got SO much done, which makes me feel very good leading into summer! It was rainy to start, which was kind of a bummer, but it started to clear up later on this week and Henry and I clocked a lot of steps on some walks! 

In terms of the house, this past weekend, I got some great furniture pieces and ordered a few more things... we are chugging right along! 

I also signed some more wedding contracts this week so I am really checking things off left and right. It's crazy to think we are still 11 months out and yet I have almost the entire wedding planned already. My event planning job (was my first job out of college!) is really paying off, ha! Now, I mostly just have the grunt work to do- like edit the program and invitation language, edit the out-of-town guest itineraries, format the guest list in Excel, etc. All of those boring, tedious things that just have to be done! We also still have to do Pre-Cana!

This weekend, I am headed to Charlotte with my parents and Grammie to visit my sister and celebrate my Grammie's 93rd birthday! Callie and her boyfriend just bought a new home in Charlotte so we are very excited to see it and help her move, too!

Wearing: Talbots sent me the cutest lemon-themed package last week and I am obsessed! The pieces are so cute and fun for summertime and realllly make me want to jet off to Italy ASAP!

Eating: I had a revelation just recently. I love the red, white, and blue popsicles and they are the perfect after-dinner treat when you want something sweet that isn't crazy high in calories. It's just sugar- albeit not good for you at all, but there are much worse sweets! My revelation, though, is that the Popsicle brand version are nowhere near as good at The Bomb Pops. Keep an eye out because Bomb pops are harder to find! 

Drinking: Did you guys see the NYTimes article about Aperol Spritz?! I am a huge Aperol Spritz fan. Not only is the drink gorgeous but it is so refreshing and delicious. I wouldn't necessarily drink more than one in a sitting, but it is a fun drink and extra delicious when made well. What do you think?

Reading: What is everyone reading this summer? As we are about to head into Memorial Day weekend, I need to get a few new good books. I always look for light and fun when it comes to summer reads! My fiancĂ© has a Kindle and he loves it- I am thinking about getting one to toss in my pool bag to take to the club! I haven't read a single Bridal Magazine (I'm not into magazines, but I think I might pick up a few for this summer- I'm only a bride-to-be once! 

Sale-ing: This athletic sweater is one of my favorites. I wear it all of the time because it is cute and comfortable. Right now it's over $50 off! 

Watching:
 Did you guys watch Southern Charm?! Besides Real Housewives of NY, SC is definitely my favorite Bravo show! If you are new here, I share my thoughts while I watch the show on instastories and it is SO much fun to chat with all of you who are also watching! 

Listening: May's playlist is going strong- this is definitely my best of 2019... I had been slacking! 

Loving: I stumbled upon this swimsuit (top, bottom) and it is SO cute. It looks so much like my Marysia scalloped suit and the entire set is just $40! If you prefer a one-piece, this one is so cute, and this striped bikini is also adorable. 

Wanting: This adorable top looks SO much like Mi Golondrina but for so much less. It is gorgeous! 

Pittsburgh-ing: You are only really going to get this one if you are a true Pittsburgher, but did you hear that Kennywood's Potato Patch CHANGED THEIR CHEESE?! Kennywood is our local amusement park and during elementary/middle/high school, we actually had Kennywood day where we would have a day off of school to go to Kennywood. I went back a few years ago for Fright Night, which is like their Halloween celebration, and it wasn't like I remembered so I haven't planned to go back. However, Potato Patch fries are a hallmark of growing up in Pittsburgh! I'm glad to report, though, that Kennywood announced that they would get rid of the new cheese and go back to the old. Phew. 

Traveling: I'm headed to Charlotte, North Carolina this weekend to visit my sister! It's my grammie's 93rd birthday and we are celebrating Callie and her boyfriend buying a new house! Can't wait! 

Quoting: 'Be brave enough to be bad at something new.' -John Acuff// See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a kindle! I used to be one of those "I only read actual books" people, but the kindle is life changing - so convenient! I think you'd really enjoy Daisy Jones & the Six.

Anonymous said...

Read "Rush." It will bring back all the sorority girl feels! Great summer read.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure