Monday, July 29, 2019

How to Hide Cords and Wires in Your Home

How to Hide Cords and Wires in Your Home
This might be considered one of the odder posts I have ever done, but I wanted to share because it took me a lot of googling and researching to find out what the best option was to hide cords underneath my desk! I also wanted to share because when I posted the before and after on my instastories, I got flooded with DM's asking how I did it. 

The photos are ugly- sorry- but there's really no way to make these 'pretty'!! But hey, it works, and I'm so pleased!

It's actually really simple, and you only need 4 (inexpensive) things! Here's what you'll need:

How to Hide Cords and Wires in Your Home
First, plug everything into the Surge Protector and make sure it all works/fits into the first Cord Storage Tray. This tray is nice because it's very open, so there is a lot of ventilation. The tray came with screws where you could screw it into your desk, but I didn't want to do that on my antique desk. So, I decided to try Command Strips

I started with the first command strip straight (as you can see in the photo above), and then I decided it would make more sense to make them diagonal (very professional, as you can see, ha). These are designed to hold 16 pounds which is WAY more than necessary. 

Then, I removed the surge protector so I could hang the tray and then let it affix to the desk overnight. I did the same thing with the second tray that came in the kit. The second tray is for holding all of the wires! 

The next morning, I put the surge protector into the tray and then started bundling the wires. I had to tape some of the wires to the back of the desk to get everything completely concealed, so I used painter's tape because I didn't want to mess up my desk! It's not the best hold, but I don't mind fixing it here and there to save anything from messing up the desk! 

Then, you just coil each wire into a neat grouping and sit them in the second tray. Voila, wires are completely out of sight. 

This was SO easy to do and inexpensive. You can do it anywhere in your home, too. I am so glad to get rid of that mess of cords. It was driving me absolutely nuts!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure