Thursday, July 25, 2019

Lately


Wow- we are on our last full week of July. How insane is that?! The time has been flying by in 2019 and soon enough fall will have arrived! After this insane heatwave, I'm just dying for fall weather. I've shared this before but I'm not the biggest fan of the summer! Luckily, we have found respite from the heat thanks to a big storm earlier this week.

We got back from the beach super early last Friday morning and it had thrown my entire sleep schedule off... I just started to feel back on track with sleep yesterday! Isn't it funny how one day can throw you off?

I had my parents over for dinner the other night and I shared my plates napkins on instastories and got so many requests for the links to everything! So I'm sharing it all above!

This weekend we don't have much planned other than a fun little date night. It's our last weekend in town before we head to the lake for 10 days (woo!!) so we plan to enjoy being home and possibly tackle a few decorating projects.


Eating: If you are a Costco member, run do not walk and get the sous vide egg bites! I FINALLY found them at my local Costco. The brand is 'cuisine solutions' and they are exactly like the Starbucks ones. I wish they had other flavors because I love the egg white one at Starbucks and this is just turkey sausage and cheddar. 

Drinking: I tried Trader Joe's sparkling watermelon juice (in green cans) and while I didn't love it to drink on its own (too sweet), I think it will be great to pair with tequila and lime sparkling soda for a lower calorie 'watermelon margarita'. 

Reading: A peek into Ralph Lauren's personal interiors- his office, his home, and his ranch are all incredible.

Watching: The Trailer for A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood has been released and my heart just swells for this! It highlights this incredible city I love so much and highlights a man that I so look up to. Fred Rogers is one of the most inspiring human beings- I have read a lot about him over the years and I consider him to be one of my heroes. You know the question 'if you could invite any 5 people to dinner-dead or alive- who would make the list?' Fred Rogers always makes my list. It's also going to be so fun to watch this because a lot of the movie was shot right by my apartment. I would be walking Henry and see scenes set up- once a block of Pittsburgh was turned into NYC and it was really cool to see. 

Listening: You guys. This Barstool Sports post of Wiz Khalifa paying tribute to Mac Miller at his show gives me chills. It might seem off-brand to those of you who are not from Pittsburgh, but Mac and Wiz are both from Pittsburgh and me and all of my friends grew up with their music and watched and rooted for them as they rose to fame. This clip gives me CHILLS! I don't know if I've shared this before (I think I have) but the song that gets me super pumped up is Smile Back by Mac Miller. I listen to it before anything big and important like public speaking and it oddly gives me confidence and energy. If I was a baseball player, this might just be my walkout song.

Wanting: We are in that awkward period of changing seasons in the retail world. Right now, all of the summer items are starting to be put on major sale and pre-fall items are starting to hit the shelves. I am not a huge fan of summer clothing, but it's just too darn hot to start shopping for fall just yet! I do LOVE these shoes- like I think I need them as my 'splurge' fall shoe. I also love the look of this handbag- looks so much more expensive! I love this navy top that is a beautiful shape as well as a perfect neutral. 

Pittsburgh-ing: Good Morning America is in Pittsburgh this morning! What a fun thing for the city of Pittsburgh!

Traveling: So excited to be headed to the lake next weekend! It's my happy place and all of my people are in one place. It's a lazy week with delicious food, lots of dock/boat/lake time, refreshing cocktails, movies, and games. I fully plan on unplugging and enjoying! 

Quoting: 'We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are.' - Max Depree // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure