Friday, September 27, 2019

How to Style Western Boots








Boots (similar, less pricey)// Sherpa Vest (comes in 4 colors and is seriously only $10!!!)



As most of you know, I am a born and raised Pittsburgher. I headed to James Madison University in Virginia for college and while it wasn't the deep south by any means, there were a lot of new traditions I got introduced to while at JMU. 

One, in particular, being cowboy boots. I remember the first time I saw girls wearing them- during the first few weeks of school during sorority rush. So many girls were wearing these boots with sundresses and I thought it was SO weird. I specifically remember calling my mom wondering why all of these girls would wear boots with their dresses?! 
Jokes on me because by the time I graduated I owned several pairs of cowboy boots...and wore them with everything from jeans to sundresses, ha! 

That was my first foray into cowboy boots and now I have a soft spot for them. You don't really see them too much here in Pittsburgh unless you go to a country concert. I still have a few pairs of my boots- they are beautifully made and in great shape. Every once in a while I will break them out for old time's sake. 

However, I have been noticing cowboy boots trending this year. Some would say cowboy boots are about as classic Americana as you get, and while I would agree, I also think they have a time and place. 

I was recently chatting about cowboy boots because it was just this past weekend where I was in Nashville and we were passing all of these boot stores and I mentioned to someone how they don't really make sense because in the summer (my feet get too hot) and in the winter they don't have a good grip in the snow and ice (my point was that the window to wear them is slim). Someone laughed and told me that the actual purpose of cowboy boots is to protect one's feet from things like snakes, jagger bushes, manure, and for riding horses etc. OK, that makes sense.

As much as I love my true cowboy boots (and wear them fondly), the window to wear them is slim so I have been looking for something with that vibe but that would make more sense in my day-to-day lifestyle! 

Enter in these western-style booties. It's not really a cowboy boot by any means but it's more of a casual, quality leather bootie with a subtle nod to the cowboy boot! Now, this is something that makes a little more sense for my lifestyle and I love the look of them. Not only are they gorgeous, though, but the quality is also AMAZING and so comfortable and easy to slip right on and off.

Oh, and can we talk about this sherpa vest that I am wearing? It is seriously only TEN dollars. Yes, you read that right, $10. It comes in 4 color options and looks like it could be Patagonia. The quality is amazing, which is crazy because you'd never think to describe a $10 clothing item as high quality.

I see this outfit as an easy weekend look that would be perfect for activities like going to a pumpkin patch, tailgating, a cabin weekend and so much more.

My boots and vest are both from Walmart. If you haven't heard Walmart has so many cute and affordable fashion items as well as brand name items like these Frye boots.  Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own!

More Walmart Items I Love:

1 comment:

Greta said...

I know your blog was about boots BUT .... I LOVE the fabric on your desk chair. You need to do a tour of your house. What beautiful blues

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure