Monday, September 23, 2019

Nighttime Skincare Routine

I haven't done a skincare post in quite some time. If you didn't know, I am obsessed with skincare. Truly, it's a passion of mine and I'm so into researching different products and trying out everything that comes out! 
Because of that, my skincare routine never looks the same and it's part of why I love skincare so much. It's like a 'choose your own adventure' each morning and night depending on what your skin is like that day. I like to test products for at least a few weeks before I share them here and I typically try to stick to a product for at least an entire month to make sure I love it and it is effective. 

I really don't have any wrinkles and I do have some fine lines but they are very fine and not really noticeable unless I really look closely into a mirror. I think part of it is that I have good genes because my parents have both aged so well but I also truly think a big part of it is my great skincare routine that I am very regimented about. 

Here have been my go-to products for nighttime:

Cleanse
Tula Purifying Cleanser// I stick to this Tula cleanser and have been using it for years. It's just a gentle, simple cleanser that does the trick. I leave a tube in my shower and typically only use this while in the shower. 
Olay Daily Facials// If I'm not in the shower, I use these cloths instead of a gel cleanser. This is the only way I remove my makeup and I swear by these. They remove ALL of your makeup and cleanse your skin. Seriously the best. 

Mask
Exfoliating Mask// I've share this product many times before but it is one of my all-time favorite masks but I especially love it for nighttime. It's similar to Drunk Elephant's Babyfacial, but better in my opinion. This is much stronger and I can actually feel it working (it's a burning sensation). I would only use this at night because my face turns red and stays like that for about 10 minutes after I remove it. 

Tone
Biologique Recherche 1970 P50// If you click this link, it will take you to where I did a full post about this toner. It is SO good. Trust. 

Serums
Dermalogica Phyto Nature Firming Serum// This is a newer favorite that I have been using for a few weeks. It has a really nice calming lavender scent but I love that it has two separate serums and when you pump it out, the serums come out separately and you mix them in your hands. This is hydrating and I'd like to think it is keeping wrinkles and fine lines at bay. 

Lancome Youth Activating Concentrate// This is the serum I was using before I got the Dermalogica serum. I would say that they are similar in texture- very hydrating!! I don't think you could go wrong with either. 

Paula's Choice Peptide Booster// This is like a gel serum that I mix in with my moisturizer at night. This would be perfect for someone who wants something low maintenance. Because you can mix it right in with your moisturizer, what would be two steps is now just one but you get the benefits of both! It's supposed to be extra hydrating and also anti-aging. It's also supposed to work on reducing fine lines and wrinkles and age spots. 

Tan-Luxe The Face// I use this in the fall/winter/springs months. You just add a few drops into your moisturizer and apply on your face and you wake up with a very natural, subtle tan. Just remember to wash your hands right after you apply.

Skinceuticals H.A. Intensifier// I have been using this one for years. I think it is somewhat similar to the Paula's Choice Peptide booster. The most important thing (besides sunscreen/sun protection) is staying moisturized to keep fine lines and wrinkles from forming so I do whatever I can to get TONS of moisture into my skin- especially at night while it has a while to soak in. This is expensive but read the reviews- everyone gives int 5-stars and for good reason!!

*note: I don't use all of these serums at once, these are just what are currently in my rotation based on how my skin is each night! 

Creams/Moisturizers
Lancome Eye Balm// I've been using this for about 5 months now and I love it. It's very thick so it's perfect for nighttime when you want all of the moisture you can get. It does the trick and I always wake up with hydrated eyes. 

Olay Regenerist Cream// This is seriously the best night cream and it's so affordable. I put this on my face, neck, and chest. It's packed with Niacinamide which is like a power vitamin that improves the appearance of pores, hydrates the skin, gets rid of aging spots, acne, scarring, fine lines, etc. It truly hydrates my skin and is just such a nice smooth texture. It's not sticky or greasy at all.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure