Thursday, October 10, 2019

Lately


This past weekend we had a family friend's wedding and we all had such a blast! I had so much fun that I somehow hurt my calf... it hurt really badly for 2 days and now it's almost painless. Because of that, I took a break from Orange Theory this week to let it heal. Which, by the way, is ironic because I just switched my membership to unlimited, ha!

The photo above is of me and my younger sister, Callie! It was so nice to have her in town for the weekend. If you were following me on Instagram stories, then you know I was trying to decide on a dress to wear. I ended up with this navy tweed dress that I have had for years by Elizabeth McKay! It felt right for a pretty farm wedding!

This week has been a doozy since for the first two days of it I couldn't really get around (I'm laughing as I type that but I really did have trouble!!!). I was just tethered to my computer the entire time but got a lot of work done which was nice.

We leave for NYC at the crack of dawn tomorrow so I have been running around like a madwoman trying to get everything in order before we leave.

We also got our save the dates!!!!! They are even prettier in person and I cannot wait to share them with all of you soon. We stuffed and stamped them on Wednesday night and I sent them out the next morning. I'm so excited.

Drinking: We got the pumpkin spice ginger beer at Trader Joe's (in a growler) and I love it! I'm not a huge Moscow mule person, but my fiancĂ© loves them! This addss the perfect fall spice to the drink!! 

Reading: This article about 'Mandela Effects' is so interesting and some of them are so true!

Sale-ing: Vietri is a beautiful Italian dinnerware and glassware company. We had registered for a vase and water glasses from Vietri (via Bloomingdales) and so when the brand reached out to me, I was so thrilled. They ended up sending us the water glasses and the vase and they are gorgeous. They also sent me a code for all of you so you can take 20% off your purchase! The code is SYDNEY20! 

Watching:
 I haven't watched anything lately! If you have recommendations, let me know. I am looking forward to season 3 of The Crown coming out in just one month! 

Loving: My go-to gown for black tie events is back in stock and available in all sizes. It's under $300 and the quality is fabulous. It's just one of those dresses I feel great in and have worn it so many times! 

Loving II: Talbots commissioned six internationally renowned female artists to interpret the courage, strength and determination of women. The result is a limited-edition collection of one-of-a-kind scarves. 20% of net proceeds will go to Susan G. Komen. This is a great cause and the scarves are truly gorgeous!



Wanting: I haven't been shopping much at Abercrombie. I didn't love what they had for spring/summer this year. BUT, they have some really nice and affordable pieces for fall so I just ordered a few to try out (like this cable cardigan). 

Smelling: So I suggested this Through the Woods scent to you guys already, but I went into Anthropologie last week and smelled a candle called Fir and Firewood and it smells so incredible. When my sister smelled it, she literally said, 'it smells just like that target candle you have.' And she was so right! They smell identical and the Through the Woods scent is so inexpensive! 

Traveling: We are headed to NYC at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning! We are spending the day/night in NYC and then off to Connecticut for a wedding! 

Quoting: 'Don't let anyone rent space in your head unless they are a good tenant.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure