Thursday, February 20, 2020

Lately

I hope you all are having a great week. For some of you, it was a short week which is great! I worked on Monday but I didn't mind at all! Can you believe we only have one more week left of February? March is my least favorite month out of the year but it's going to fly by with all I have planned.

This week was jampacked. We got our envelopes back from the calligrapher and stuffed/stamped and sent them out. I truly can't believe it and I am so excited

I got a bit ahead on work which is always a good thing! We have friends and family coming to town starting tomorrow for our couple's shower and I'm so excited. Saturday morning we also have our floral mockup which is going to be fun.

I just booked my flight for a fun trip in a few weeks and I can't wait for that. I'll be sharing in an upcoming Wedding Wednesday!

Wearing: I just got this Striped Cashmere Sweater and I love it so much. The quality is impeccable and it's timeless. I have a serious obsession with blue and white stripes, ha!

Eating: I love okra. Like it's one of my very favorite foods in the entire world. Fried, steamed, whatever, I love it. I think it's a southern thing, though, so it's really hard to find on any menu here in Pittsburgh. I specifically go to Cracker Barrel because they have fried Okra. Well, I had a moment in Walmart the other day as I realized they sold frozen Okra (and it's literally like $1). All you do is put it in the microwave and add salt and a little butter. DELICIOUS. They also sell dried okra at Fresh Market which I am obsessed with, too. Petition for more Okra in Pittsburgh, please!!

Reading: This is on my to-read list! 

Sale-ing: Aerin's pieces are so luxurious and beautiful but they also come with a high price tag. Right now you can snag some beautiful pieces on major sale. 

Watching:
 You guys. If you love your wicked good slippers as much as I do but it drives you nuts that they come untied all of the time, then you need to watch this Youtube video! It teaches you how to tie them so they don't come undone and it WORKS!!!!

Watching II: The Stranger Things season 4 trailer is out!!! 

Loving: We registered for these beautiful wine glasses at Williams-Sonoma but I just saw they're on clearance, here for only $8ish a piece. Such a good deal! 


Wanting:
 Not too much on my radar this week (thankfully for my pocketbook, ha!). 

Pittsburgh-ing: A list of breweries opening up soon in Pittsburgh! 

Traveling: I'm headed south to warmer weather in a few weeks and I can't wait! 

Quoting: 'So many people love you. Don't focus on those who do not.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You need to try oven roasted okra! Olive oil, okra, salt/pepper in a 450* oven. They're crunchier if you slice them into rings rather than spears.

Unknown said...

Hi! What stamps did you use for your invitations? I am trying to find some that are more visually appealing and would love a recommendation. Thanks!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure