Thursday, April 9, 2020

Lately




To be quite honest, at the start of this week I felt a bit lazy and uninspired. I missed posting on Tuesday due to technical issues, we had crazy storms late Tuesday night! So bad that we almost went down to the basement! Luckily we were fine but it definitely threw off my sleep, which is never good.

However, it was an absolutely gorgeous day yesterday which really lifted my spirits quite a bit. I  watched an informative Zoom presentation with RewardStyle's founder, Amber Venz Box which was informative, chatted with my grammie for a while which is always a mood booster, and ended up doing a Zoom happy hour with girlfriends, too. So what started off as a so/so week is looking brighter!

I also got to be on a panel (via Zoom) with Chatham University's social media students. They asked so many great questions and it was so great to see what a college class is like in today's Zoom-world. I know Sara, the professor as she featured me in a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article a few years ago and we ended up officially meeting a few years ago when I was on an in-person panel at Chatham! She is awesome at putting together great things for her students!

Another highlight was being featured in Talbot's e-mail as their 'Daily Dose of Sunshine'! I shared my top picks from the sale they are having right now and shared how we are having fun while staying at home! The photos at the top of this post are from what we shot for Talbots!

It's crazy how even the littlest of things in life can turn your mood right back around, isn't it?

Wearing: I bought this dress for our honeymoon a while ago while it was on MAJOR sale and I found it again on sale. It's still pricey even on sale but oh my goodness is this dress special. It is impeccably made! I am obsessed with the entire brand and wish I could buy it all! I got it in the blush pink shade but also LOVE this blue shade, too (which is even more on sale)!

Sale-ing: As I mentioned above, Talbots is currently having a sale and a lot of my favorite pieces are included. If you only buy one thing, I would suggest white jeans. They are called a 'jegging' but are really a true skinny jean as they have pockets, buttons, zips, etc. They are stretchy so they are comfortable and provide a perfect fit, while also be completely opaque. They are high waisted and the pocket lining is actually done in a nude color so there is nothing showing through. They're amazing and on sale they're under $70! I wear a size 2 and if you are between sizes, size down. I wrote a whole post about these jeans years ago and you can read it, here. Everything still rings true! 

Watching:
 We watched The Talented Mr. Ripley last weekend and I forgot how amazing that movie is! I hadn't seen it in years and not only is it beautifully filmed but the storyline is so good and the fashion/styling is drool-worthy. 

Loving: My friend Eugenia's wedding was featured on Over the Moon and I love it! Definitely check it out!! 

Wanting: I am absolutely IN LOVE with this bright pink dress

Pittsburgh-ing: I stumble across this article that shares a look inside a gorgeous Mt. Washington home with a view. So fun to get a peek inside of people's homes and especially this one with an incredible view! 

Smelling: Someone DM'd me this week to ask what some of my favorite candle scents were since she was obviously unable to go into a store and smell candles. I have SO many favorites but on inexpensive one came to mind and that's this one. It's a really good spring/summer scent. It's light but also fills a room nicely! 

Quoting: 'This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before'- Maya Angelou // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Omg! I love the article about the home on Mt. Washington! I don't know how many times we've walked by those houses and wondered, who lives there? How is it decorated? Haha thanks for sharing!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure