Monday, April 13, 2020

Our Easter Table




Water Glasses// Champagne Flutes old found at Homegoods// Taper Candles

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter if you celebrate! I know for most of us that it was certainly different than in years past, but we made the very best of it and enjoyed a lovely day.

I snapped some photos so I could share with you all our little setup for our Easter Brunch. We gave Henry some toys and hid some treats around the house for him which was fun! We had done this last year and he loved it. This year was our first year doing brunch. Obviously, we didn't have the big Easter dinner that we typically do at my parent's house with all of our extended family and family friends, but it was great! 

I set our table with some of the pieces we have received for our wedding which is so fun! We had registered for Wedgwood Nantucket Basket which is a very simple white china. I really like this pattern to use as a 'base'. I plan to add color and interest with smaller plates like salad/bread/butter/dessert/etc. or larger plates like chargers or even with linens! I just think food looks prettiest on a clean white plate!

I accented with blues (a favorite, obviously) using the Herend Chinese Bouquet pattern. I love love love this pattern. It is one of my absolute favorites. I think in the future, I might start to add some other colors of the Chinese Bouquet pattern into my collection or even a slightly different pattern. I really love a slightly 'mixed' look. 

I shared our 'everyday' table setting back in January. It's our more casual go-to tableware for everyday use. We actually use the china quite a bit, too, but we LOVE the Spode bowls from the 'everyday' table setting post. They work for literally everything- salad, soup, burgers, etc. 

I love china and setting the table and during this period of staying at home and having more time on my hands, I have loved researching china brands, patterns, and more. I have been really into some vintage patterns that they no longer make and have been tracking some things down via Etsy and eBay. I feel a new hobby/collection coming on!! There are SO many good patterns out there! 

I don't know about you, but I just can't wait for the day where I can set the table for a crowd!! 



Dress// Sandals// Lip Color (in deep) 

As for getting dressed, I have my days where I want to get dressed as if I were leaving my house and then I have days where I just want to be in lounge clothes all day. I have been giving myself the leeway to just do whatever I feel when it comes to this. I knew I'd want to get dressed on Easter, though! I haven't actually worn a dress in sooo long and just being in one with my hair and makeup done made the day feel more special!

I had been itching to wear this gorgeous white dress. It's currently 30% off which basically never happens. I'm wearing a size 2 and it runs true to size. If anything, size down. The eyelet pattern is stunning and gives the dress so much interest and depth. I am envisioning wearing this dress a lot this summer!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Another resource for fine china patterns that have been discontinued is Replacements. It is an Aladdin cave filled with China, silver and crystal!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure