Thursday, June 18, 2020

Lately


Just some quick snaps from the week. A lot of time spent at home-shocker, but also a good amount of time spent outside hanging out on my parent's patio, walking Henry, etc. The weather has been really nice so I've been soaking that up! 

We tried a quick new dinner this week and it was delicious. I love summer recipes that use tomato and basil so this was such a hit. I have been enjoying mixing it up in the kitchen! Our restaurants are open here at limited capacity so we might try one out soon for a date night. We'll see! 

This weekend is Father's Day so I am looking forward to celebrating with my parents this weekend! We will likely go to our club to sit out by the pool and then have dinner at my parent's house! My dad usually requests BBQ- yum! 

Also, an update on my car search as I've had several of you ask! I extended my lease another month to give myself time to browse cars now that things are open! I will let you know what I decide to go with. I've been looking at a Cadillac XT5- if anyone has one, let me know how you like it! 

Wearing: I've been wearing this striped tee non-stop. It's a really nice, thick, high-quality cotton so it feels similar to a Saint James tee. It's just so classic and inexpensive and looks great with white shorts!

Eating: I really want to make these salmon cakes with aioli! I could seriously eat salmon for every meal! 

Sale-ing: I shared this yesterday in a quick blog post, but Nordstrom is having a clearance sale, unlike anything I've seen before. Items are mostly fall/winter- similar to what you would see in the Anniversary sale. So many good Vince pieces. 

Watching:
 This is so random but we have been into Deadliest Catch. I guess my fiancĂ© used to watch it years ago and it was on the other night so we watched a bit of it and enjoyed it. The job is truly wild- I can't imagine being out there with the freezing water splashing everywhere! 

Listening: I'm still adding songs to my summer playlist. I had loved this cover of Simply the Best but just now saw the episode of Schitt's Creek where this is played and I love it even more now! It's just so calming and Noah Reid is so talented! 
Loving: I have been started to enjoy my morning coffee in the mornings in the guest room. I never go in there and we haven't had any guests the past few months so I feel like the room doesn't get any love so I've started to go in and just enjoy it myself! It's very serene in there and Henry enjoys it, too! My parents joke that they love the guest bedroom so much they want to stay over even though they live 10 minutes away! 

Wanting: Not too much on my radar this week except I just ordered this tablecloth. I love the boldness of it and think it will pair so well with the plates that we have! 

Smelling: I just ordered this candle and I am so excited. It sounds like a scent right up my alley and this is from a new-to-me small business, Unorthodoc! 

Quoting: 'Be the reason someone smiles today.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

4 comments:

Jessica Ellen said...

I just bought a 2020 Volvo XC60 T6. I am in LOVE with it! And it comes with a blonde interior which I know was a must have for you!

Peggy said...

I inherited the Cadillac XTS from my dad. Probably wouldn't have been one that I would have gravitated to on my own, but I have to say I now love it! Tan interior that is very luxurious and lots of great safety features. I would say don't hesitate. I think you will be very happy.

Sarah said...

Where did you get your headboard in your guest room?? I love it!

Lucy said...

Where did you get the mirror over the bed your guest room? I love it!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure