Thursday, July 2, 2020

Lately


Happy holiday weekend, friends! I am guessing some of you may have tomorrow off since the 4th of July is landing on a Saturday this year so I hope you enjoy your time off if that is the case! I am going to take time off tomorrow to just relax and enjoy the long weekend. Are you doing anything fun? We are going to see fireworks at our club- the city's fireworks and most municipalities canceled their fireworks so it will be nice to be able to catch some. Our club has an 18-hole golf course so there is plenty of room for everyone to space themselves out, which is great.

I'm hoping since there will be fewer fireworks happening that Henry will be happy. He does NOT like fireworks so this might be his lucky year!

Other than fireworks, it is going to be hot, hot, hot this weekend so we will likely just hang out by the pool!

This week was very 'usual', nothing really new to report here- we have been enjoying our new patio furniture and spending more time outside! We did have a food truck come to our neighborhood which was fun... this might be something fun to do for your neighborhood, too. It was fun to see neighbors and get a great meal. They've made this a new tradition that happens a few times a month and it's a great way to also be able to support local businesses! One of the next food trucks we will have is a lobster truck. YUM!

Wearing: You know I  have always loved my Lake pajamas (wearing them in the photo above) but I've had a whole new love for them over the past several months. They are getting much more wear and so I am hoping they release a new colorway soon so I can snag a new pair!

Eating: Did you catch my post from yesterday where I shared my top 10 Trader Joe's favorites?! 

Drinking: This coconut margarita recipe sounds SO good! 


Sale-ing: So many sales right now for the holiday weekend, but I wanted to highlight this gorgeous gown on sale. I feel like this is the most beautiful bridesmaid or mother of the bride gown and especially for the price!! You can also scroll through the widget above as I have pulled some of my favorites from different retailers. 

Watching:
 I just got to the end of season 4 of 

Wanting: I just ordered this Vitamin C serum as I ran out of my last jar. They are having a sale so I wanted to try something new! 
Pittsburgh-ing: This past weekend we got takeout from Walter's which is a delicious BBQ spot in Lawrenceville. Their ribs are SO incredible.

Quoting: 'It is a happiness to wonder, it is a happiness to dream.'- Edgar Allen Poe // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Trish said...

Hi!! Love the backyard set-up! But I especially love the super cute monogrammed stars & stripes pillow! Could you please share your source? Thank you!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure