Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Fall Decor




Last month I shared some fall tablescape inspiration, and now that Labor Day weekend has passed, I am in full-on fall mode! I have been browsing around and finding a few cute things to decorate. I've shared a bunch of times before, but I'm not a huge seasonal decorator but there are little things here and there that I like to switch up! 

Here are some ideas for subtle fall decor... 

- Swap out cotton throws for cashmere/wool/alpaca. 

- Swap out linen pillows for velvet, wool, plaid, etc. 

- Don't take fall decor too literally. Instead, think textures, colors, scents, etc. 

- Choose small things to swap out. Ex. coasters or a vase. It's subtle, and the little items are always the easiest to store and usually more cost-effective, too. 

- Swap out, don't add. I definitely don't always follow this and especially at Christmastime, but I think swapping out works so much better for me as I don't like a ton of 'things' everywhere. So I will swap out hand towels in our powder room or coasters in the living room. I think this helps to keep things from feeling too cluttered. 

- Focus less on the holiday and more on the season. The only holiday that I decorate for is Christmas. If I'm focusing on a holiday, it's usually on my table. Otherwise, I think of decorating my house more seasonally than for every single holiday. Instead of pumpkins for Halloween, Turkeys for Thanksgiving, etc. I try to pick something subtle that will work from September through November.

These are just some little tips. I'm certainly no expert but this is what I have found that I do and it works for me! 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure