Monday, November 16, 2020

Holiday Pajamas

Holiday Pajamas

Holiday Pajamas

I've likely spent more time in pajamas this year than in the past 3 years combined. I basically live in them at this point. I also just have a love for pajama sets and have collected so many good ones over the years. I know pajamas seem like kind of a 'boring' gift but I do feel like they will be better appreciated this year. 

I like to share a big roundup of pajamas around this time each year because one of our holiday traditions is to get my mom, sister, and I all three matching pajamas that we wear on Christmas morning. It is a tradition that we have done for many, many years and it is so much fun. Whenever I wear a pair of pajamas from a Christmas morning of year's past, it reminds me of that year. We also get a photo of all of us together in them and I have cherished those photos over the years. 

There are likely so many traditions that will be missed out on this year. I try not to think about it because it makes me too sad and instead, I focus on what we can do to make this season special. I think that pajamas are a fun and easy tradition that you can start any year. It could literally just be you and your dog or you and your significant other. It's just fun/funny to see adults all in matching things together and then it gets really adorable when children and pets are involved! 

Here's the thing, with traditions, there are no rules. So for our pajama tradition, we don't only choose from the holiday pajamas, rather anything that sparks our interest that year. So some years we have done traditional tartans but last year we did Lilly Pulitzer dog pajamas which were not necessarily Christmasy and festive but oh my goodness are they cute and fun. This year is a surprise and we will share soon!

So here is the roundup, I tried to choose many at different price points to work with everyone's budgets and tastes. There are SO many pajama sets out right now. Some year it is slim pickings, but this is the year of the pajama and retailers definitely get that. 

If you are stuck on what to choose, these Pajamas are an old favorite and such a classic. They run big/roomy so either get your usual size and be OK with a roomy fit or size down for something slightly more fitted! I prefer my pajamas roomy so I get a size small. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure