Thursday, November 5, 2020

Lately





First 'Lately' of November, can you believe it?! If you couldn't tell, I'm in full-on holiday mode over here! We have had some cold weather this past weekend and earlier in the week but now, we have had SO much beautiful sun and warmer temps. It looks like the warmer temps and sun will stay all weekend so we will definitely be taking advantage of that. November is such a toss-up here in Pittsburgh. Some days it's 20 degrees and snowing and some days are 70 degrees and sunny! 

I ordered our Christmas cards so I am excited to see the finished product and start getting them sorted to be sent out right after Thanksgiving. I'll do a whole post on them like I did last year, but I was able to get our photo to look very different from our photo last year. That was my goal! 

Wearing: I LOVE this Vest. I wore it this past weekend and it was the perfect extra layer under my coat because it was so cold. I don't think of a puffer dress as 'fancy' but this one definitely is. I wore it casually here, but you could put this over a lot of dressier items or under a dress coat for an extra layer of warmth. 

Gifting: I had no idea you could do this until this week, but you can gift an Amazon Prime membership and can also add one to your registry. Such a good idea. In that same vein, my sister and her fiancĂ© got us a Costco membership last year and we LOVED that as a gift. I am Costco obsessed, haha!!! I know a lot of people don't want more 'stuff' for holidays or their birthdays, and while concerts and experiential stuff like that are not really going on right now, I think memberships like this can be a great gift! 

Eating: We recently made Trader Joe's turkey pot pie and it was SO good. It tasted like Thanksgiving!! It is in the refrigerated section and all you do is bake it for 20ish minutes in the oven. There was so much flavor and just overall something different than what we usually eat! 

Eating II: Cranberry brie bombs. OMG YUM!

Drinking: My fiancé loves Moscow mules so I think he would love this spicy pomegranate version

Sale: Yesterday I shared that this faux fur vest is back in stock and on major sale. I have a whole blog post about it, here

Watching:
 Does anyone else love The Crown?! We are SO close to season 2 on November 17th. I cannot wait to watch it! 

Listening: Here is my holiday playlist! I've already started listening. 

Loving: If you have leftover unopened Halloween candy, you can donate it to Meals on Wheels: 601 McMillan St, Bridgeville, PA 15017. Monday-Friday 7am-12pm. 
Wanting: I want this cardigan sweater. SO CUTE. I literally love every single color that it comes in. 

Pittsburgh II: This weekend we went to Coop de Ville in the Strip District. It was SO delicious and such a great new spot. They also have lots of outdoor seating and a walk-up coffee bar (outside) and you can do takeout. 

Pittsburgh II: The ice rink downtown is opening this year on November 20th! So festive and fun! 

Quoting: 'Time is non-refundable. Use it with intention.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure