Thursday, December 3, 2020

Lately


Can't believe we are almost done with this week. We had all-day-long snow on Tuesday and I was absolutely loving it since I had nowhere to be. It was such a cozy and relaxing day, especially for a weekday. Other than that, not too much went on this week- it was pretty low-key!

We ended up finishing The Undoing- I won't say anymore because I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't watched yet. It's a show on HBO and a murder mystery type that keeps you guessing. It's definitely worth watching. I also just finished 90 Day FiancĂ© The Other Way which is my favorite 'guilty pleasure' reality TV show. Now I'm just left with a few more episodes of The Crown. 

We also went to Costco, which you all know I love, and so we enjoyed a week of a lot of different Costco soups. If you have a membership, I am telling you, their soups are SO good. We always get the Southwest chicken chili, the chicken noodle soup, and the lobster bisque. All are just fantastic and make for such easy and cozy meals during the winter months. They also freeze nicely! 

And crazy enough, I have wrapped almost every present so far. I'm still waiting on some things to arrive so I'll have to do another round of wrapping, but I LOVE wrapping things so that has brought me some joy for sure! 

Wearing: I am ALL about a nice pajama set or cozy lounge clothes, don't get me wrong, but I can only take so much of that before I feel the NEED to get fully dressed like I'm going somewhere. So I've just been getting dressed nicely more often lately just because it brings me joy- even if I have absolutely no one to see or anywhere to go! The outfit above is what I wore the other day and it just felt nice to be 'dressed'. 

Eating: I can't remember if I have shared this already or not but my fiancĂ© and I love pizza rolls. Remember Totino's? They were HUGE in the '90s. They definitely still make them and we have recently tried the Totinos and they are good, but I came across the Aldi brand Mama Cozi's and they are by far the BEST pizza rolls ever. They are such a treat. Highly, highly recommend. We want to do a night where we make a bunch of different brands and do a taste test! 

Reading: Homegoods is going online in 2021!!!!! 

Watching: I talked about TV at the beginning of this post but we just started watching an HBO documentary called Murder on Middle Beach. It is OK so far... a little slow to begin but once we got about halfway through part 2 of 4, we got a little more into it. 

Listening: Always getting requests to link to my Christmas Spotify playlist, so here you go! Also, here is a link to some of my favorite playlists on Pandora and Spotify, too! 
Loving: These scalloped napkins
Wanting: Does anyone have an Ergatta? It's a rower and not only is it beautiful but the concept sounds incredible. I love rowing- WANT! I also wish I had some sort of tropical trip planned because if I did, I would be wearing this gorgeous dress

Pittsburgh: How about those Pittsburgh Steelers? I am elated!

Smelling: They make all-purpose cleaner that smells like Thymes Fraiser Fir candle. OMG. This could be a really cute hostess gift. 

Quoting: 'The world is filled with nice people. If you can't find one, be one.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Murder on Middle Beach is about my hometown. The "show" is very misleading in regards to how wonderful the town is and the people who live there.

Kelly C said...

REALLY excited about Homegoods going online, and love today's quote!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure