Thursday, September 22, 2022

Lately

Hope you are all having a great week so far! This past weekend, we watched my parent's dog, Buddy, which was fun! We also attended a welcome back to Pittsburgh party for friends and a birthday celebration for another friend so we were quite busy all weekend! 

This week felt really normal and basic in the best way. I had taken an unplanned hiatus from Orange Theory for almost 2 months. I went to the lake for 3 weeks in July and into early August. Then, I had two weeks at home before our Europe trip but had broken my toe so I wanted to take it easy to it would be totally fine on our trip. It was just my pinky toe and not a big deal at all but oh my gosh it HURT!! It was fine after a week and I probably could have worked out but didn't want to take the chance! Anyway, September marks my 3rd year doing Orange Theory, and these past two months are the only break I have taken. Otherwise, I've gone weekly since September 2019. It's probably the longest I have ever stuck with a workout. Being away from it for 2 months was honestly a nice reset and I don't regret it at all. However, my first class back felt SO GOOD. I no longer work out for the health benefits or physical benefits, don't get me wrong, those are definitely icing on the cake but the only true reason I have kept up with it for so long is truly for the mental health aspect. It quells my anxiety, clears my mind, and helps me to see the bigger picture. I sleep better, I feel better, I act better. It's one of the best things I have ever committed myself to!
A bump in the road this week is that Henry got sick in the middle of the night on Tuesday and then again on Wednesday evening! Both times on our bed so I've been doing a lot of laundry. I felt so bad for him. I always get so worried whenever there is even anything remotely wrong with Henry. I'm hoping he is fine. Other than him actually getting sick, he's acting completely normal- playing, going on walks, and eating and drinking per usual. I think it could just be a minor stomach bug or some sort of allergies but I'm keeping a close watch on him- I might try to get him into his vet today just to be safe.  I'm a worry wart when it comes to things like this. 

This weekend we are visiting my sister and brother-in-law in Charlotte! I am so excited! I haven't been to Charlotte since March since Callie came home so many times this year. We are going to a fun dinner and also a golf outing so our weekend will be pretty full!
Wearing: I absolutely love this vest!!! Such a classic fall piece but the color is what really sold me. It's so beautiful- it's like a spiced brown. It's rich and creamy but also light at the same time. The photo doesn't do the color justice! I'm wearing a size small, it runs true to size! 

Eating: We got this frozen pizza from Costco. When we were there, a couple was in the same aisle and saw us looking at pizzas and they came over and recommended this. They did not steer us wrong. This is one of the better frozen pizzas I have ever had. The brand is Motor City Pizza Co. 
Drinking: I am obsessed with the strawberry lemon Poppi drink. I bought all of the other flavors that my Target had to try them out. The only one I haven't tried yet is the orange. I've now tried all of the other ones and I thought watermelon was OK but I didn't love the cherry limeade or the raspberry rosé. I think I'll just continue with what I love- the strawberry lemon and try the orange and go from there! 

Watching: We started watching Devil In Ohio on Netflix. It's dark/suspensful but also gives me Lifetime vibes. It's good enough that we will keep watching but it's nothing incredible. We haven't really been watching TV much lately- we just haven't had the time!

Listening: I've had this 'Autumn Jazz' playlist going nonstop. It's so nice to have it in the background as I work or when we cook dinner. It's calming and so easy to enjoy!

Loving: Anthropologie put out a preview of their holiday stuff and while I totally think it's too early, that doesn't stop me from looking at it and being so excited!!! 

Loving II: I want ALL of the Talbots new arrivals! Wow, this might be one of my favorite collections from Talbots ever. Everything is so polished and classic and just beautiful! 

Cream Bronzer Stick I got the shade clay
Loving III: I recently tried this bronzer stick and have been loving it. The color is beautiful and just warms my face up nicely but what I love the most is that it glides onto my skin like no other and the product just melts into my skin making it so easy to blend out for a super natural look. 
Wanting: I love everything I have been seeing from some of my favorite brands lately. I think there's a ton of trendy stuff out right now that you have to weed through but there are tons of gems worth hunting for!
Amazon Rec: I just got this sweater based on a recommendation from one of you! It's 100% cotton and super affordable. I am shocked how nice it is for how low the price is. It's a classic silhouette in neutral colors. I sized up to a medium and am glad I did because the medium is nice and roomy and has a more casual fit to it. If you want a more polished fit, I'd suggest getting your true size! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Smelling: Isn't this candle adorable?! It was only $5!! I think it would make such a cute little gift. I love that the glass is translucent so that the candle really glows. The scent is 'pumpkin woods' and it's like a cross between the spices from a pumpkin and a log burning fire. It's not sweet and just smells so cozy. 

Quoting: 'If you don't want to burn out, stop living like you're on fire.' - Brene Brown// See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Henry is on the mend!!

Susan R said...

Bless your heart! I have two Jack Russell Terriers (Kona and Watson) and besides my family, which they are, they are my world. Can't stand to see a sick pup because they can't tell you exactly where they hurt. I hope he is back to his usual self soon. I have followed your blog for ages, absolutely love it.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure