Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Swimsuit Roundup

Swimsuit Roundup
A year or two I did a major overhaul of my swimsuits. I don't know why but I hadn't thrown some out in so long and they had been well worn. Some suits I had for years but never ever wore. So I did a major edit and got rid of all but like 4 or 5 swimsuits. It felt so good to have sort of a 'fresh start'. I have since been building up my collection again and I'm very choosy in what I select. 

The suit you see in the photo above was one I bought for our honeymoon (ha!) back in January 2020 (which is why mine is a textured fabric and this year's is not textured). It's by Solid and Striped and the style is called the Anne Marie. It's a pretty classic one-piece style and one of those swimsuits that's just a really good basic and something I feel good in. 

As you all know, I do love the classics and more traditional styles, but when it comes to swimsuits, I also don't mind something fun and different. I really enjoy a bikini, but it's hard to find one that's not too skimpy in the rear (anyone else have this issue?!) and I don't love the high-waisted bikini trend that's been all over the place for the past several years. It looks great on others, but they're just not for me. 

So I thought I would do a little roundup of some swimsuits I have been loving lately. I seem to add a suit or two each summer and have started a pretty good collection that I feel good about. I think the most important thing when it comes to a swimsuit is that you feel good in it! 

2 comments:

Kelly C said...

I've been anxiously awaiting this post, ha! And you can't imagine my hallelujah when you stated the high waisted suits are just not for you. I think they look great on others, but they're just not for me. Actually, most of what is 'on trend' is not for me and its been so hard to find new clothing the last two years. I think I have a similar body shape as you too, so this just makes me thrilled to see your finds for the season. Thanks for sharing friend!

Maureen said...

I am not a huge fan of bikini swimsuits. I prefer a one-piece instead! Love these ones you picked and featured today. Very classy and makes me want to go on the beach right now!

Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure