Tuesday, May 11, 2021

6 Gorgeous Dresses For Summer

Shop the Dresses:
I do a lot of shopping, that's no secret. Over the past year, I definitely slowed it down as I was in lounge clothes for a large portion of the year. But as my calendar starts to fill up again (YAY!) I have been searching for dresses in hopes to find some gems. I've had a lot of luck with Lilly Pulitzer this year but other than that, I've noticed a lot of the dresses I have ordered in the past 6 or so months have been really lacking in quality and it's not like they got any less expensive. So I have been, overall, disappointed. 

On top of that, what's 'in' right now is not really my vibe. I am not a puffy sleeve or big/Prairie collar fan and the Little House on the Prairie vibes are just something I can't get into and I wasn't into the 90's fashion when it was the actual 1990s', ha!!! Don't get me wrong, all of these styles look amazing on others, but just not for me personally.  

So, I wanted to share 6 dresses I have ordered recently and have found that the quality is great and the dresses feel like 'me'.... fitting in that category is a TOUGH find in 2021!! You'll likely be seeing them in outfit photos to come as I wear them throughout this summer, but I wanted to get this little try-on style blog post up so you all can shop them before they sell out! 

I'll post the video version of the try-on to my Instagram stories if you want to see the pieces move. Oh and another great thing about these dresses? They're all under $200!

Also, as a total sidenote, I'm wearing the Amazon pearl stud earrings from yesterday's post in all of these photos. And I'm also wearing these beautiful leather and rattan wedge sandals in all of the photos. 

This dress is even prettier in person. It's nicely made, the embroidery and lace details are gorgeous and it's a nice lightweight cotton for summer. It's fully lined and entirely opaque. This is definitely a little dressier and dare I say a bit elegant because of the fuller, flowy skirt. 
This is a sweet little white eyelet dress. This is one of those dresses that is such a classic and can be worn time and time again. It's fully lined and the eyelet is really pretty. The collar has a scalloped eyelet detail that adds to the dress and the shape is a-line and slightly swing-y but not totally shapeless. 

This is one I saw on the hanger and thought I was not going to like it. I love the patterned linen fabric and green is a color I lack in my wardrobe, though. I tried it on thinking I was not going to like it and I really do love it. It's lightweight, fully line and is defintely a swing style with a lot of room in the body. I got an XS, so I would suggest sizing down at the very least one size since it has a lot of room. It's one of those dresses you can throw on in the worst heat of the summer and feel comfortable because nothing is sticking to you or tight. I also think this would be a nice coverup. 
This is probably my #1 favorite dress in the roundup in terms of quality. This is exceptionally made and I feel like I have not found a dress made so nicely in a very long time. It's truly WOW in person. The fabric is Pima cotton so it is SUPER soft. It's fully lined and not see-through at all and the piping is such a beautiful touch. I love this a-line silhouette with a full skirt, too... fuller skirts are harder to find right now!! I'm thinking this will be a contender for our country club's 4th of July party! It fits true to size. 

This is another super lightweight linen dress. It is not lined which makes it even lighter weight than anything else I've included in this roundup. However, it's not see through. It's casual and something that you can throw on and look polished even when you don't feel like getting 'dressed'. This is definitely one of those pieces you can wear to run errands but also wear out to dinner. To me, it has an 'island' vibe to it because it just feels relaxed and laid back. Size down in this, it's very roomy! 

This is a more form fitting mini dress with a pretty square neck. The straps are adjustable with hidden buttons. It reminds me of the fit of a Lilly dress I have and love. This one is not impeccably made by any means, but the price is fair for the quality and it felt a little out of my comfort zone because of the fit so I really think I'll wear it a bit this summer and beyond. This runs true to size... sometimes in more form fitting dresses, I size up, but with this one you really dont' have to. 

3 comments:

Maureen said...

These are cute dresses! I love all but my favorite is the first one. Such a show stopper!

Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

Kelly C said...

The red, white, and blue dress reminds me of the 1960s style, which I love! Have you ever watched The Astronauts Wives' Club on ABC? Love the styles of that era. And I agree, nothing 'on trend' fits my style currently, making shopping this season very difficult.

Laura Baker Busic said...

I love posts like this! I love all of these dresses, but the green one is so unique. I was not familiar with Roller Rabbit until this season, but now I want all of their dresses, ha!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure