Monday, June 14, 2021

Styling Wide Leg Pants




Shop the Look:
Every once in a while, I will go out of my own fashion comfort zone and with this top and pants, I feel like I did just that. It's a little more trendy than I typically skew but I think the pieces on their own are actually quite classic. 

I actually probably would have never purchased either the top or the pants had I not seen them in store! They looked beautiful and so I knew I had to try them on. The pants are SO comfortable (size down). A square neckline is actually one of the current 'trends' I am enjoying seeing and wearing. I find a square neckline on myself to be flattering as I have very broad shoulders! 

We live in the suburbs, but very close to downtown. We go downtown a lot, especially for dinner, date nights, and on the weekends. Even though Pittsburgh is pretty casual and doesn't have a big fashion scene, I still feel like whenever I am downtown, I should be dressed a little 'sleeker'. In the winter months, I don't have an issue with this, but my closet definitely lacks 'sleeker' summer looks. I tend to like Lilly Pulitzer and sundresses and that is really the farthest thing from 'city chic', ha!

Anyway, this is the type of outfit that makes me feel a little trendier but I still feel like 'me'. I don't like outfits where I don't feel like myself at all, and that often happens whenever I try to embrace a trend. However, this outfit still feels polished and classic but also of the moment!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure