Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Our Family Christmas Pajamas 2021 and Decorations



I was setting the camera and my sister pulled a bow off of my tree, ha!!
SUMMERWIND15 for 15% off your purchase

Happy December!!! Can you believe we are just 25 days out from Christmas?! Each year my mom, sister, and I do matching pajamas and wear them on Christmas morning. However, we capture a shot of us beforehand so we can share what we selected for the year with all of you! We are actually going away this weekend on a family trip and will all be bringing our pajamas there, too!! So fun!

I say this every year but this is truly such a fun and easy tradition. I love collecting pajamas from each year and then re-wearing them and remembering each Christmas. Plus, the photos in our jammies that we have taken throughout the years are true treasures. I think traditions are something that brings people together, which is exactly what the holiday season is all about. The best part is that you can start a tradition whenever! So if you are reading this and thinking to yourself that you'd like to start a tradition, this is your sign to do it!! It is never too late! 

This year, Printfresh, a brand that is known for their beautiful pajamas done in colorful, unique, whimsical prints sent us matching pajama sets! How fun are these with the cheetahs all over?! It is their 'Bagheera' print which is the iconic print they are most known for! The Bagheera print comes in all sorts of different colors! The green set that we are wearing is made of super soft cotton flannel and it was so interesting to read about Printfresh working to source the perfect flannel fabric. This flannel is really lightweight- it's still warm and has a very soft feel to it, but apparently, the thinner fabric helps to keep it from pilling like a lot of other flannel fabrics can do after a few wears/washes. I really appreciate the thought and detail that goes into their products. 

Printfresh gave me a code for you all to use: SUMMERWIND15 for 15% off your purchase. Not only are they great for matching family moments, but would make such a nice gift. The perfect thing for a new mom, a mother or mother-in-law, or someone who has everything! I think a high-quality set of pajamas is always a welcome gift and you can never have too many sets! 

I sized up to a medium. Because they are cotton and because I want to be able to wash and dry them without thinking about specific settings, I wanted to make sure I got them a little bit bigger to account for potential shrinkage! I prefer my pajamas to fit loose/roomy. 





Santa Ornament (I LOVE vintage-looking santas) 

I have been so impressed with Target's ornament selection this year. I bought several including this adorable santa. My parent's rescued their sweet pup, Buddy back in May, and I found this ornament for them. SO cute for anyone that adopted a pup this year! Many of the ornaments are just $3-5 making them very affordable. When ornaments are this inexpensive, I like to find ones to attach to bows on wrapped gifts. It dressed up the packaging and is a nice personalized touch. For example, my nephew started his first year playing football so I attached a football ornament to one of his gifts that we will be giving him! Also, ornaments attached to a wine bottle look adorable and make for a fun and festive host/hostess gift! 



I really love taking photos of our tree every year. It's so interesting to see not only how our decor evolves from year-to-year a but also to see our tree fill up with more ornaments each year. The first year, we barely had any 'meaningful' ornaments and in the past 3 years, we have gained quite a few ornaments. Eventually, I'd love our tree to look like this but I only want ornaments with meaning so it will take a while and I'm perfectly OK with that. We do have some special ornaments from our childhood that just bring me SO much joy. It's funny how we have so many similar ornaments- we both have a birth year one, etc. And for right now, we do have some ornaments without 'meaning' to use as filler until we collect more. 

My husband and I purchase an ornament on trips that we go on throughout the year. I also typically gift my husband an ornament or two to represent something throughout the year. For example, my husband got his dream grill last year and he is so in love with it and uses it weekly. So last year, I got him a grill ornament and wrote the year on it. I haven't given him his ornament yet this year- I tie it on a wrapped gift for Christmas day, so I will keep that one under wraps, but it's a fun little tradition I didn't necessarily mean to turn into a tradition!

Full tree review, here, so I won't go into too much detail but it's truly a beautiful tree for being fake.




I think this mini tree is one of my favorite things. You can see the full post, here. It is so easy to set up. I wish I would have done something like this in my apartment when I didn't really have a place for a full-size tree!! 

This is one of my very favorite holiday candles. It smells like a pine tree but also has a woody/cozy/manly scent to it, too. It's just very cozy and festive. I got mine on Amazon because it saves you about $4 compared to other websites like Nordstrom. This makes a really nice hostess gift. The box is so pretty you could even just put a bow on top! 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure