Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Valentine's Day Tablescape







Tabletop:
Tablecloth (mine is the color blush but that color seems to be sold out)// Placemats + Napkins

Home Stuff:
Ceiling light Fixture// Dining Chairs (fabric is perennials basketweave chalk)

Shop the Items:
I hesitated to title this post 'Valentine's Day' as there is really nothing in this tablescape that makes it 'themey', but I did have Valentine's Day in mind when creating this tablescape! I can't believe we are almost to February! 

As a couple, over the years, my husband and I have instituted the tradition of not going out for actual Valentine's Day. We have had a comedy of errors over the years so no, we always choose to stay in and cook instead! 

I'm not quite sure what we will cook this year! Last year it was a lobster roll and filet with some sides. But we just did something similar for New Year's Eve, so I am thinking maybe scallops! We just love seafood!

We also usually go over to my parents for Valentine's Dinner. They have a tradition of making beef wellington and it's sooooo good! My grammie usually joins us, too, and it's such a nice evening! So we will probably do our own dinner Friday or Saturday before Valentine's Day and then go over to my parent's on the actual holiday which falls on a Monday this year! The Super Bowl is also that Sunday so it will be a lot of eating that entire weekend, hah!!! 

I always make sure to set our table beautifully. Not only do I find joy in setting a table, but I think sitting at a beautiful table while at home makes it feel more special and more occasional! 

Some items to note from this tablescape... 

I love this Wicker Vase it is such a great price for the quality. It's not lined, so I just used a glass vase and set it down inside of the wicker. 

The beautiful scalloped Placemats + Napkins are an Etsy find. The Etsy shop has absolutely gorgeous linens. So many unique prints, colors, and designs. I seriously want one of each! I chose the pattern that I did because I felt like I would get a lot of use out of it. It is navy-based so it will work with all of my blue and white, but there's quite a bit of red which I thought could be cool during the summertime with a red, white, and blue theme. And the pink, I think works for this time of year and Valentine's Day! 

I bought a more affordable light fixture for our dining area from Ballard Designs a year or two ago. It was fine but it just looked cheap to me. I finally decided to upgrade to the one I wanted in the first place (this Ceiling light Fixture). I should have just splurged in the first place. It would have saved the headache of installing and uninstalling the other one! Anyway, it looks SO much nicer than the Ballard Designs one. I am so pleased with it!! 


These Tea Light Holders are such a find. I bought them on a whim a few months ago with nothing particular in mind, but they're so neutral that they work with a lot. I do a lot with taper candles and this is a nice break from those but you could easily mix them in with tapers, too! 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure