Monday, May 2, 2022

3 Generations of Style



Mother's Day is just days away, this Sunday, May 8th! Now that I am grown, I am so excited to have started a tradition of hosting my mom, dad, and grammie at our house for dinner for the occasion! 

My mom requested Mediterranean orzo salad- something I have been making non-stop as it's so easy but absolutely delicious. I think it's one of my favorite things to make ever so I was excited that she wanted that!

My grammie is my last living grandparent. She will be 96 on May 17th. How amazing does she look?! She still lives in her own home, drives, hosts guests, goes to the club for mahjong, and more. We actually snapped these photos at her house which is always so meticulously kept. We had lunch at her house this afternoon out on her patio and my dad shot the photos and my husband corralled the dogs out of the photos... a true family affair, ha!!! 

I'm not sure I have ever seen my Grammie in sweatpants or loungewear. She is always, always, always looking her very best and that inspires me so much because I certainly cannot say the same about myself sometimes!

Both my mom and Grammie boast classic style and always have so that's definitely where I get my own taste from. When Talbots reached out asking if the three of us would like to style an outfit from their spring line for their 'Generations of Style' campaign, we all were so excited. There are a lot of brands that I just personally love or my mom and I love or Grammie loves, so it says a lot about the Talbots brand as we have all 3 been fans for many years and all 3 of us can always find something we love whether in-store, in the catalog, or online! 

I definitely feel pride when sharing both my mom and Grammie with you all. They are the most important women in my life and I just love them to death. They are truly wonderful human beings inside and out. They have taught me to be kind and gracious and loving. We are all very close and share a lot of similar likes and interests... including shopping. My grammie is the absolute QUEEN of shopping! 

So today I'm sharing our outfits with you all! Please note that this blog post is not sponsored. I am working with Talbots on sponsored content on Instagram, but this blog post is just something I wanted to share on my own! 

I am so fortunate to have both my mom and Grammie in my life. I cherish every second that we are able to spend together and never take a moment for granted! I also feel so grateful to be able to include them in my job! You will all have to head over to Instagram later today to see a fun little video I put together with my mom and Grammie! 





On Me:
Shop the Look:
I LOVE Seersucker Pants. I feel like it can be so hard to find sometimes and these ankle-length pants are just about as classic as you can get. I feel like seersucker in the spring/summer months are basically a neutral and work with everything! I am wearing a size 4 (I typically wear a 2 in Talbots)-  I think they run a big snug (no stretch) but are super comfortable. 

I love these Sandals. They are so comfortable as the footbed is actually padded! They are metallic so they are dressier than your typical thong sandals and they just look special. I brought them with me to Florida last week and they were the perfect thing to travel with since they matched everything! 




On Mom:
Shop the Look:
I just had to include the photo of my mom with Buddy!!! How cute are the two of them together?! Anyway, my mom looks SO good in shirtdresses. Whenever I think of her in clothes, I always picture her in a shirtdress as she has many and that is a go-to style for her. Isn't this blue and white print just lovely?!

We both love a good wrap and this Linen Wrap is perfect for warmer summer weather since it's lighter weight. She brought it to Florida with her last week and I actually ended up borrowing it one evening as my cashmere wraps were too heavy but I needed a little something in the evening breeze.


On Grammie:
Shop the Look:
How cute is Grammie?! She was very patient as I snapped away. She always looks fabulous in bright and pastel pinks. I was envious of her adorable Eyelet Shirt, it looked so fresh and spring-like and paired perfectly with the bright pink of her Cardigan.

Also- a moment for the couch. I have ALWAYS admired that beautiful floral couch. 

2 comments:

Tobi Stewart said...

This is so great! What a beautiful family. Grandparents are such a blessing.

Kelly C said...

You gals are so lovely! Grammie is just adorable! Love these!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure