Thursday, May 19, 2022

Lately


Dropping in with a quick little intro today as this has been A WEEK! My grammie's 96th birthday was on Tuesday and we celebrated with family, I am having family over to our house for dinner this evening, and then tomorrow is my sister's rehearsal/rehearsal dinner. So excited for their big celebration on Saturday! 

Then, I leave on Monday, early morning, to go to Mackinac Island for a few nights with the Sailor Sailor team. I am so excited as I have never been before. 

Needless to say, I've got a lot on my plate right now and I'm trying to manage it all. I just really want to be able to be fully in the moment this week and weekend. That's the goal at the moment! 

Eating: I used Home Chef all this week and last because I was not having time to grocery shop, cook, or even remotely think about anything to do with feeding ourselves, ha! This made it so easy and ensured my husband and I stayed on track with cooking at home but we also didn't waste anything since these are all pre-portioned out. If I hadn't done this, I think we would have ended up eating ChikFilA all week long and if I had gotten groceries, I think there may have been wasted food which is always something I try to avoid. This was seriously the BEST move. I am so glad I thought ahead to set this up. This was pork meatloaf with brussels and cabbage and oh my gosh, it was delicious!


Sale II: I rarely buy full-priced Tory Burch and am always looking in the sale section. Right now, they have a really good sale selection. I have been keeping an eye on this gorgeous tunic to see if it gets marked down further. I'm obsessed! 

Watching:
 I watched the HBO version of The Staircase and liked it. Didn't love it, but still worth the watch. I think it helps if you have already seen the Netflix documentary (which I think was better). It's a wild story. On my list to watch is Anatomy of A Scandal (Netflix). 

Listening: Last week we went to Ohio (where my husband is from) as he was presenting a scholarship to honor his brother who passed away when they were children. It was such a nice event. We drove there and back in one day. On the way home, we played this 90s playlist and it was so fun to jam out to all of the songs that I haven't heard in so long! I don't understand how my brain retained SO many lyrics to all of these songs, many of which I probably haven't heard in at least 10-15 years! I seriously think everything should be taught to music- I'd remember it so much easier, HA! In fact, now that I think about it, our French teacher in high school would teach us verb conjugations set to songs. I can literally STILL do those conjugations because of the songs.

Loving: My friend, Abby, launched a gorgeous collection with Lisi Lerch! So many beautiful hydrangea and nautical-themed jewelry, hats, and bags!!! 

Loving II: Got my order from the Julia Berolzheimer x Pottery Barn collaboration and I was so pleased with both the tray (sold out) and the little planter that I got! I actually plan on using the planter as a vase! I only wish I also purchased the larger tray as the small one is just gorgeous and so well-made! 
Wanting: How cute is this top?! 

Pittsburgh: Clapton is coming to Pittsburgh in September and I would just love to go. I LOVE his music. He is so talented! 
Amazon Rec: This is such a pretty container for coffee grounds. I keep it right on our kitchen counter next to my coffee maker! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Quoting: 'That is the simple secret of happiness. Don't let the past move your mind; don't let the future disturb you. Because the past is no more, and the future is not yet. To live in the memories, to live in the imagination is to live in the non-existential. And when you are living in the non-existential, you are missing that which is existential. Naturally, you will be miserable, because you will miss your whole life.' -Osho  // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure