Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Classic Green Sweater Dress

Tuckernuck Forest Green Merritt Knit Dress

Tuckernuck Forest Green Merritt Knit Dress

Tuckernuck Forest Green Merritt Knit Dress

Tuckernuck Forest Green Merritt Knit Dress
Dress (in a few color combos)// Sandals 

I can't believe we are already well into August! I am a ride-or-die Fall season gal, and August is always this awkward time when I get so excited for fall, but it's still so darn hot outside! I think I get this feeling because, for some reason, August registers as 'back to school' time, even though I haven't gone back to school in literally 10 years; HA! 

Anyway, I don't like to rush time, so I will be savoring August and the last weeks of the summer season. If you are like me, though, and love fall, this Dress I am sharing with you all today is truly the perfect thing for the upcoming season! 

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary at the Old Edwards Inn in Highlands, North Carolina. We had the best time. I just love the Highlands area. If you have never been, it's in the Appalachian mountains in southern North Carolina, almost on the Georgia border.

I've only ever been in the Spring (late April) and now in the summer, but both times that I have been there, it's had cooler weather than other places, even just an hour away. Because of that, I usually bring something warmer with me or a wrap to throw on if the temperatures dip. 

I was SO glad I brought this Dress because on the day we were checking out, it was chilly and pouring down rain. It honestly felt like the coziest fall day. We got some hot tea and relaxed in the lodge area, where they had a fire roaring in the fireplace. 

I was originally drawn to green and white, which is not really a colorway I gravitate toward because it reminded me of Camp Walden from The Parent Trap. It's made of a really thick knit material so the dress feels like a finely/tightly knit sweater, and because of that, it doesn't really drape but instead is structured. I think it feels very polished and ladylike. You can dress it up or down. I could see it in the fall with suede pumps or white Tretorn sneakers, or even brown suede boots! The quality is remarkable.

Also, because it's short and has short sleeves, it works for the in-between period of September... even longer for those of you in generally warmer climates. 

I am wearing a size small in this Dress. It has an A-line shape, so it is roomier in the hip area and a little more form-fitting up top. I would say it is true to size, and if you are between sizes, go with your smaller size.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure