Thursday, August 4, 2022

Lately






Hope you are all having a wonderful week! I am still at the lake. By the time I come home, I'll have been here for 16 days, which is the longest I have ever stayed here in one time period. It's kind of weird to be gone for that long because I kind of feel like I am living in a different reality being in a big house with so many family and friends, eating good food and great drinks, and working less than what is typical. I absolutely love it, but I am starting to miss my 'normal' life and my own bed, ha! 

On top of that, we leave for Italy and our cruise in less than 3 weeks which is nuts to me. It felt so far in the distance for so long and because of that, I've kind of been dragging my feet on the planning. I feel really unprepared so I need to spend these next few weeks getting everything situated! 

Because we are going on that 2-week trip at the end of the month, I am starting to also have that panicky feeling that summer is over. Which, I know it's not! But once we return from our trip, Labor Day will have passed and we will be well into September! I LOVE the fall- that is so my season so while I'm looking forward to it, I just hate to zoom through seasons!

This past weekend was our first wedding anniversary and it was so fun to celebrate together. We spent a day/night at Old Edwards Inn in Highlands, North Carolina which was just lovely. I truly think it's wild that we have already been married for a year. Our wedding day feels like just yesterday! 

And then this week has just been spent soaking up time with family and friends! My friend Peyton, who comes to the lake with her family every year is getting married next year and asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding. I was so honored and am so excited! 

Talk about a full season of life right now. I am so incredibly thankful and grateful. Being with my family and friends is the best thing in the world, in my opinion, and I truly feel like my cup is full in the very best way! 

Wearing: When I was packing for the lake, I felt like I was packing SO much. I felt like a crazy over-packer (which honestly, I am exactly that), but I am so proud to say that I have worn almost EVERYTHING I brought. I wore this Black Dress for our anniversary dinner and I LOVE it. It's black linen (also comes in different colors and/or prints) and it's so simple but the silhouette is just so classic and ladylike. I felt so chic in it. The quality is great and it oddly enough did not even wrinkle much in my luggage! I will definitely be bringing this to Europe with me! I find that it runs small in the chest area, so size up!


Eating: For our anniversary, we ate our cake that had been in our freezer for a year and it actually tasted pretty darn good. I was surprised! It was carrot cake! Yum! 
Drinking: These spiked seltzers are called "Personal Days' and they are made in Pittsburgh! They are SO good. Similar to a High Noon (so not a malt beverage) and they just taste fresher than a High Noon. You can find them at the state store! 

Watching: We have all been on an Abba kick lately here at the lake so ended up watching Mama Mia last night! I saw it in theaters with my girlfriends when it came out back in 2008 and haven't seen it since. I forgot how good of a movie it is but it's truly the music that makes it the best!! 
Loving: This is a photo of me, my grammie, and my mom from dinner the other night. Love this photo!!
Wanting: We are starting to get in that weird 'in between' period of time where there are fewer summer new arrivals and more going on sale... just on the cusp of early fall items released! Can't wait to see what all comes out for fall, that is the season that I absolutely love for clothing!! 

Amazon Rec: I just ordered this book for a friend for her bridal shower to go with a 'tablescape' themed gift. It's SO cute and one of those things that make for a cute 'add-on' with another gift. It's like a scrapbook of the dinner parties you host! You can find more of my Amazon favorites, here!

Smelling: Currently ordering a few of these candles to have on hand for gifts as well as one for myself for the fall season. I LOVE this candle. It's not something I would have purchased based on the name but it smells cozy and fall-like but fresh at the same time. 

Quoting: 'Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone,' - Alan Watts // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure